15 | "it was all his fault."

n o v e m b e r 2 8 – 4:40 p.m

roman's pov

roman was so, so, so, so, so late. if anyone would ask, he would say it wasn't his fault. but it kind of was. he was ready to go five minutes before he was supposed to be there, but as soon as he left his house he started feeling anxious and sweaty despite the chill of winter. so he went back in, then felt bad that she would have to sit there alone. so he walked back outside, then got nervous again and left. he repeated the same thing some ten-fifteen times before he said to himself, you're already really late and azzy must be feeling so bad. just get the hell out of the house and run to azzy.

that would have been stupid if his house wasn't a five minute walk away from the Split Bean. so he ran, pushing past people. he reached in just a few minutes and stood panting before pulling open the door at the same time someone else pushed it from inside. unprepared, he hit the person and heard a 'sorry' from them. he looked at the girl he'd hit and his eyes widened when he recognised the splash of freckles and the dark eyes. azalea. oh no. she probably thought he wasn't going to come and had gone out. she ran past him, without even looking at him.

roman had messed up. she probably would never talk to him again. he took a step forward and said, "azalea" hoping she'd hear him. but it was too late.

azalea ran. and it was all his fault. 

~~~~

a/n: i feel evil.

also, merry christmas everyone!! hope you're having a great day