Chapter 3: Lucky I got What I Want......Not.

I followed Casey to the familiar jeep that let me know that Jack had indeed seen Casey's text, and that he was here, to attend the frat party with us. "Shotgun!" Casey called as she ran down to the parking lot, taking off faster than I could blink, leading me to lag behind her with a scowl on my face as I watched her victoriously slide into the front seat. I followed suite, climbing into the back, still scowling. But when my eyes met Jack's in the rear view mirror, I grinned, resisting the urge to threaten his life by pulling him into a bear hug whilst he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Jack!" I grinned, "It's been forever,"

The blonde haired, cheeky looking boy shot me a smirk with a roll of his eyes, "You're lying, I saw you two days ago Loz. Infact, I believe the last thing you said to me was 'Damn guys I am really getting behind on my studies. As of next week, I am going to get my head down and concentrate,' and now, here you are, not only attending a frat party on a Monday night when you have morning class tomorrow, but you're dragging your innocent, hard-working best friend with you," He joked, poking fun at the words that I had indeed said the last time I saw him.

I rolled my eyes, trying to think of something to counter the point he made, but I had nothing. I did say those words after all, and it wasn't like I didn't mean them at the time, I did, but then next week rolled around way too quickly, and in the short amount of time that was called a weekend my motivation had gotten from a satisfactory 5 to a non-existent 0. And it was hardly my fault!

Well, I really did have nobody else to blame, I guess. My parents had contributed to my lack of motivation, sucking all of the energy out of me every time they graced me with their unwanted presence. They were checking up on me regularly, asking me about what money I was spending, how classes were doing, what I was spending my money on, where I was every second of the day, what my thought was as soon as I woke up in the morning. Okay, well not that precise, but you get my drift. It was smothering. I felt like I couldn't breathe when I was around them. And I knew they were just trying to make up for their shittiness in the past-but as much I wanted to forgive them, I was still hung up on it, unable to let go.

"Loz, are you okay?" Jack's voice cut across my mind's babble, eyes still trained on the road as Casey turned around to glance at me curiously. "I didn't mean what I said, I'm sure you are trying-I was joking," Jack insisted.

I rolled my eyes. Jack was a sweetheart. Of course, he was worried that somehow he had offended me. "No, Jack, it's not you. Though hearing about my evident lack of motivation did get me thinking about my parents..." I trailed off, scrunching my face up, "They've been on my back so much lately.." I frowned.

Casey grabbed my hand from the front, squeezing it as the bubbly blonde gave me a heart warming smile, "Forget about them. We're off to a party," Casey reminded, just as Jack's jeep came to a halt at a sidewalk leading up to a large house, the lawn before it decorated with bottles and couples sucking eachothers faces off. Me and Casey looked at each other and gagged.

The three of us walked up the lawn to the house, the door already wide open, light flooding out illuminating an elite row of grass on the lawn, making a spotlight for one couple's eager performance. Music flooded out too, and I was pleased to find that even though we were attending a frat party with the varsity jocks who were stereotyped to get off on shitty unnamed pop music-anything with an upbeat rhythm, with some pop singer's auto-tuned voice belting out some song to do with either sex, drugs, or both, I was very surprised to hear the opening notes of 'Lucky I got what I want-Jungle', and immediately Casey turned to grin at me, reaching for my hand as we stepped inside of the cramped, sweaty house, the scent of alcohol and adrenaline in the air, so strong I could almost taste it on the top of my tongue.