Chapter 6: The guy always pays on the first date

"Sam was a total douche. Senior Year Sam, that is. I'll get started on other Sam later," Casey said, taking a massive bite out of her sandwich. I sat across from her, opening up my prepared snack and snacking on some crisps and a banana. I rolled my eyes, "Quit it, Casey, you already got me going out with him for coffee today!" I retorted. It was just after morning class and we had decided to venture to the cafeteria, which was sort of empty, as we had nothing else to do. Before I met Sam later I was probably going to freshen up a bit-head back to the dorm and change into my own clothes. But for now, sitting across from my best friend in the near empty cafeteria watching her try and stuff the whole triangle-cut sandwich in her mouth in one, I was content to just relaxing before I had to worry about my appearance, and all those other stereotypical things that people worried about when they went on dates.

"Exactly! You should be thanking me,"

I rolled my eyes, deciding to switch the subject, "I still can't believe Sam. Senior Year Sam, that is..." I grumbled, taking a bite out of my banana aggressively. "It was only last night he was asking me to dance with him 'for old time's sake' and this morning he was being a total douche! And don't even get me started on that professor," I tutted, feeling irritation bubble in my stomach at the thought let alone. I could just picture his ugly, stupid face in my head, my fists curling into the imaginary battle stance I'd be able to take if I could indeed punch his wrinkly, old face and not risk my education at that.

"Professor T. has always been a prick," Casey agreed, swallowing a mouthful of her salad and tomato sandwich. "But I gotta say, you showed him,"

A victorious grin made it's way onto my face as I remembered, and I smiled giddily to myself, feeling proud, "I did. And did you see that he didn't even have a comeback? It was priceless! I wish I would have taken a picture,"

"Yeah, him stuttering over his words and not acting like the pompous, obnoxious idiot that he is really was something rare. I bet a student has never stuck up to him like that before then,"

I agreed with a nod, before my eyes flickered over to the clock on the wall, and my eyes widened, making me choke on my banana. A few boys walking past our table to the front found that amusing, snickering at me as they walked past and making, yet again, crude, sexual gestures. I huffed, throwing my banana in the bin as I stood up, packing my stuff hastily.

Casey spoke with food in her mouth, making her words come out muffled, "Where are you going?" She pouted and I jabbed my pointer finger at the clock, "I have approximately an hour until people start flooding in here. A.k.a Sam. A.k.a coffee time. Hence why I shouldn't be looking like a total tramp when he finds me," I said, before dragging Casey's hand and pulling her to her feet. She had the saddest look on her face when she discarded of her half eaten lunch in the cafeteria, I swear it looked as though she had just found out her puppy had been run over or something.

But, with minimum protest, she trailed behind me and followed me hastily to our dorm room where I began sorting through clothes. Usually, I'd throw whatever on, but now, even the regular jeans and nice sweater I'd usually settle for made me second guess myself. Geez, I was such a girl.

Caseys voice spoke from behind me, and I turned around to find her holding up one of my party outfits against her frame-an adorable, mesh black top and paired with it was a fitted, leather (faux of course) skirt. She'd paired it with some lace up white shoes-not heels, and not too dressy, but definitely not my vans, for sure.

I eyed it critically, cocking my head to the side.

"Go in this and you can expect a marriage proposal, hands down," Casey grinned and I laughed, "You seem more excited for this coffee date than I am, maybe you should be going," I said pointedly, grabbing the clothes from her and getting undressed so I could shove them on. Though, obviously, I replaced Jack's boxers so that the linin wouldn't show through my skirt. I decided to switch the shoes Casey had chosen for my vans, deciding to be just that bit more casual. I twirled in front of her, "What do you think?"