5. My Life

A/n: Sorry this came so late, I truly apologize. The year just started and I'm already off to lots of rough stuff to do and deal with.

Here's the chapter though!💕

Walking down the streets of L.A. at night, all alone. All because I suddenly had questions and no longer for Tobias alone.

Angelo had shown out of nowhere. How did he even know where I lived? How did the other guy know where I lived?

Do they both work together?

If they've known where I lived all along, that means I've never really been safe.

I got to the corner of the building Angelo had instructed me to meet him at and pulled out my phone to text him.

Here.

My hands were so shaky I didn't even realize.

I didn't have to wait for up to a minute before he showed up. Like he'd been waiting for me.

I gasped out of shock and maybe fright.

Why did we have to meet at such a discreet place?

Was he going to kill me?

I could never tell what he was up to. His face was either straight or angry as always. Like now.

"What is going on, Angelo?" I asked directly, waiting for answers.

Only to be responded with one. "Have you spoken to Tobias recently?"

I tried not to think too much about our night together when I nodded and shrugged. "Why?"

"You have to stay away from him. For your own good," he said.

Funny how I quickly remembered how I was the one saying that to Imogene first day of school.

May her beautiful soul Rest In Peace.

I trusted his judgements most of the time, but for him to say this about his best friend... I mean I understood where he was coming from.

It's not everyday you find your best friend killing your own father.

"He's not himself anymore, Emily. If you think he loves you, he doesn't-"

"I know he doesn't. I don't care!" I sounded more defensive than civil. Maybe it was the anger in me. I don't know.

But I've known for five years now that he doesn't give a damn about me.

Angelo noticed my reaction and his eyes softened.

But this was not the time for sympathy.

"A guy broke in to my apartment today... kinda," I stated, trying to change the topic from Tobias.

"I know," he quickly said and that just ticked me off.

"What? Are you spying on me now?" I hissed, taking a step away from him.

"I needed to talk to you about something," he rolled his eyes. "God knows where the hell you went. I had to wait around for hours. Of course I saw the guy. I recognized him."

"Recognized him". So they didn't work together then?

"He works for Sergio, Tobias's father," he explained. And the whole world felt like it stood still.

He worked alongside Tobias.

Was that the reason he had sex with me? To keep me occupied while his colleague did the dirty work?