10. Uncomfortable

A/n; please show your love and support by voting and commenting. Thank you 💕

I'm not dead.

My eyes opened up very slowly. I had to blink a couple times before the light from the room was comfortable to take in. The worse sight of all was the presence of Kade Kasher in the room.

Why is he the first person I see? How unthoughtful of everyone.

He had noticed I was awake when I tried sitting up. The pain was quickly on my left thigh and I hissed. Kade came to help me up but I hit his hand away.

"Where's Carina? Or anybody else?" I asked, and noticed how cracked up my voice was. I coughed a bit to clear it out but I really needed some water. And some shades to block out the blinding light. It was already morning? How long had I been knocked out for?

"They went to go get your father. Had me watch you," he said.

My eyes lit up at the sound of that. My dad was here? I wasn't sure if to feel joy or fear. If Sergio knew he was here, what would he do? What would happen to my father?

My mind immediately went back to the events of last night. The brutal smile on Sergio's face after he had shot me. Like that was the least he could do. Like he was going to keep looking for ways to hurt me like Dani, George.

George.

If I had gone to stay with him for the night, none of this would've happened. Instead I lied, and for what? To come see Tobias? I was a big idiot.

I searched my body for my phone to quickly text either of the two people I cared for more than anything in the world. No where to be found.

I guess Kade read the panic on my face right and finally said something. "We can't have you texting anyone and giving out any information on your whereabouts."

"I need to call Dani. She might be in danger too. I need her here with me--"

"Not my problem. My business is to keep you safe. Nobody else," he said, shutting me up immediately.

Safe? Kade? And how was he planning to do that? By leaving me behind when there's a shooting? Kind of like what he did to Tobias?

"I have work! I have to call in and-"

"We already left Ms. Jones an email and a voicemail so that's covered."

I looked at him with disgust. Who did he think he was? Making me feel like a prisoner all over again. I tried standing up and he sat there watching me, probably waiting on me to fail.

And I did.

I couldn't stand on both feet. I couldn't move. A drop of tear escaped my eye. Is this what I was going to have to deal with? One useless leg? They may as well have just killed me.

"You're not supposed to put any weight on that leg," he stupidly informed me like I didn't already figure it out myself. "That's why the clutches have been provided. For your use." Okay maybe I didn't figure that part out on my own.

I looked to where he was pointing and picked it up. I'll be damned if I was in the same room as Kade. "Please," I begged, putting my pride aside as I attempted standing again, this time supporting myself with the clutches by the wall. "I need to make two phone calls and that's it."

He looked at me amazed. "You actually have some courtesy?"

"I'm trying to be cordial--"