v. a whole new world (and set of awkward conversations)

05 | a whole new world (and set of awkward conversations)

FINALLY, THE FOUR had arrived at the complex of Tina's apartment. Dorothy had been there many times over the course of her friendship with the two Goldstein sisters, but she knew that the two men had never stepped foot here before, and for good reason.

Tina and Newt continued to steady Jacob while Dorothy kept in hand the magical case full of creatures.

"Take a right here..." Tina muttered to them. Jacob make various noises of pain, his legs wobbling more and more so it was clear that the bite on his neck was affecting him more and more.

They turned a corner, and Tina quickly hide them behind a large repair truck, peering at the house across the street.

"Okay - before we go in - I'm not supposed to have men on the premises," she told them sternly, making it clear what she meant by the statement.

"Don't make any noise...especially you, Jacob," Dorothy filled in, walking behind the others so that Newt couldn't run off.

"In that case, Mr. Kowalski and I can easily seek other accommodation -" Newt tried, but it was quickly stopped by the two ladies.

"Oh no, you don't!" Tina silently yelled at him. The strawberry blonde flicked the British man's head, causing him to yelp and look back at her innocent façade.

Then, Tina quickly pulled them across the street, Newt looking at Dorothy's glare before crossing as well, leading the woman to trail after them.

It didn't take long up the stairs, the only thing leading them to go slower was the fact that they didn't want Jacob to make any noise as they went up the steps. Dorothy had taken up pushing his back to help lift him up the stairs, seeing his weight was more of a surprise to them then they originally thought.

"That you, Tina?" the voice of the landlady, Mrs. Esposito, made the group freeze. Dorothy's heart raced as they watched the room in which the lady stayed, waiting to see if she would walk outside and catch them.

"Yes, Mrs. Esposito!" Tina called back after a pause, knowing that they were in the clear then.

"Are you alone?" the lady called again, and Dorothy almost swore that she would walk out and cause a storm at the sight of the two men in her building - even more when she saw the state of Jacob, who wasn't getting any better.

"No, Mrs. Esposito, I go Dorothy with me!" Tina said, and Dorothy gave her look before the Goldstein elbowed her.

"Hi, Mrs. Esposito!" Dorothy squeakily called, cursing her voice for betraying her and making it even more suspicious. But, it seemed that the lady didn't notice because she didn't call anything else, letting the group walk up the stairs and into the apartment.

The Goldstein's didn't have a lot of money, that much Dorothy knew, but it was nothing like her barely furnished apartment. Theirs was much more lively, many more things of tapestry on the wall and flashes of color everywhere, and it made anyone feel like home there. Though, Dorothy's own apartment was nothing like that, only having furnished enough to live but nothing embellished. Still, even after many years of hard work, she had never found the money to really decorate her place, much to the strawberry blonde's dismay.

When she closed the door, Dorothy put the case full of creatures onto the floor, looking around before being tackled into a hug by her best friend, Diana.

"Oh, Dorothy!" The blonde cried, "What in Merlin's name were you thinking? I'm just glad you were never prosecuted."

Dorothy smiled, hugging her back before letting her friend go, watching the reactions of everyone else in the room.