Chapter 18: LUCAS

I held up my bottle to gesture to the waitress that I needed another beer. I'd need ten more fucking beers to deal with this tool and his obnoxious facial hair.

"Isn't there some kind of law about dating coworkers?" I thought aloud. Henley's eyes practically bugged out of her head, and I would have laughed if I wasn't certain she wanted to strangle me.

"One of the perks of being the boss. I get to -" Milo began to explain.

"Fuck the help?" I finished. This time, Henley didn't hold back. Reaching under the table she grabbed my thigh, gripping it tightly. "Little to the left, love," I joked, winking at her and causing her cheeks to turn ten shades darker.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom and freshen up," Gigi called out. "Henley?"

 "Henley?"

"Oh, uh... fine," she conceded, releasing her death grip on my leg. Milo slid out of the bench seat, and Henley scooted out after him, following Gigi to the restroom. When Milo sat down, his playful demeanor had vanished.

"Listen here, you asshole. I don't know what thing you have going on with her, but she isn't interested. So back the fuck off," he warned.

"If she weren't interested she wouldn't have spent the night with me last night." It was a low fucking blow and not entirely truthful since our night together was completely platonic, but I couldn't help myself. This twonk had no right to say what the hell Henley wanted.

"Bullshit." His eyes narrowed challenging me. "She's not your type."

"What type is that?"

"Barely conscious," he snorted.

"Says the daft cunt trolling the school yard for dates. Ask her." I shrugged as I took the last drink of my beer before picking up the next that the waitress had left. "If Henley didn't want me here, I wouldn't be here, and we both know it. So I suggest you back the fuck off, old man."

"Or what?" He asked, his eyebrows pulled together as he leaned closer.

"What? You want to fight me? You might break a hip."

He laughed, shaking his head as he ran his hand against his beard. "I might break your fucking -"

"Everything okay?" Henley asked.

Both our eyes snapped to the other side of the table where she stood, tucking her hair nervously behind her ear, her friend, Gigi behind her with a mile wide smile.

"Brilliant," I smirked as I relaxed back in my seat. "Just getting to know your new boss."

Milo stood, gesturing for Henley to slide in. She did with a mumbled thanks. He pulled his wallet from his back pocket, fishing out forty dollars cash and dropping it on the table.

 He pulled his wallet from his back pocket, fishing out forty dollars cash and dropping it on the table