The Invitation

Draco's Pov

It was the day of Harry's birthday party. i was currently wrapping a small cardboard box by hand. By hand! It was frustrating but i kept telling myself that Potter would like it more if I wrapped it by hand. He could tell the difference between a charm and hours spent folding paper around a box.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door to my dorm room. "Hey Draco. It's me Harry. Can I come in?"

I immediately threw a blanket over my work. "Its open!" I yelled.

I heard the door open and saw Harry step into the room.

"So hey..."

"Hi..."

"Well...I came to give you this," he said as he handed me a envelope with my name on it written in guilded letters and outlined in gold glitter. "Well go on. Open it."

I slowly but efficiently opened the little package with my shaking hands and pulled out a card. It was fully glittered with bronze, gold, and silver glitter. "You're invited" was printed on it in huge letters and it snelled faintly of him him with a tiny bit of cologne. My eyes were threatening to water.

"Sorry about the wait. I was one invitation short. I'll see you there?"

"Y-yeah."

He smiled. "Cool."

-----

"Where did you get that?" Pansy asked when I showed her my invite. She showed me hers which was in a envelope with her name writen in silver. The actual card had no glitter with plain letters written on the front. It smelled only like paper. I took a sip of my pumpkin juice. I tasted slightly off.

"H-he actually personalized mine...i have to go," i said in a slightly dazed tone.

I went to my room, uncovered the half wrapped present, and continued to wrap it manually.