1

So, weirdest thing, I've been awake since 4 am. Don't know how my brain managed to do that, seeing as I have a history of oversleeping literally every day, which is why I'm late to school every day.

I exhale. School. Just the thought of that place brings queasy feelings with it, and this morning, they're really churning with anxious anticipation. No day is a good day anymore, but I'm so done caring, I've just resigned to face the consequences prepared for me. Rolling with the punches in a giving up sort of way.

But what is it that's suppose to happen today? I have a gut feeling it's my early, yet inevitable death, but from what? I sit in bed, hunching over my legs and squinting at the sheets, trying my hardest to remember whatever I must have done, or maybe didn't do. But why do I entertain my anxieties? At this point, I feel like there's no reason to pretend like I can handle a day more of this. I think about it for another second, imagining myself falling back onto the mattress and pulling the sheets over my head, dissolving into safe darkness. Sounds like a good plan. I turn my head to look at the blazing, neon red numbers on the electronic clock, and when I see that it's past 8 am anyway, I decide, yeah, to hell with it, and let them add today's unexcused absence to my criminal record.