Chapter 1

It's time. Time for the Hunters Exam, the exam everyone knew about, the exam many people risk their lives taking.
    The exam Y/n was taking. Being a fresh 17 year old beauty, she was more than ready. She asked her mother for her thoughts, and she was shunned. "Absolutely not! No daughter of mine will leave to do a mans job!"
    But Y/n didn't care; she was willing to leave her parents to do what she wanted. She was already packed, and couldn't wait to sneak out of the house that night. September 3rd, the day the Hunter Exam began. The day Y/n proved she was good enough, strong enough to do anything a mere man could do.
    "Y/n, dinner is ready." her mother, M/n called her downstairs for a brisk dinner.
    Y/n, however didn't answer, nor did she come down. "Y/n? Come down here!" Again, no answer was heard.
      Soon, her daughter appeared. "Sorry, mom. I was thinking about something."
      "About what?"
      "Something." the h/c haired girl picked up her plate and walked up to her room. "I'll eat in my room. I still need to think."
      Her mother wasn't aware of her child's tension, and let her be.
       But Y/n didn't eat; she threw her food away and did her hair before applying her makeup. Why did she need makeup, you ask? Hard telling.

~timeskip~

    After about ten minutes, Y/n slowly opened her door to reveal black. Her mother was finally asleep. She reached behind the door, grabbed a hold of her suitcase, and walked slowly and carefully down stairs. It's time. I'm going to prove it to her.
    Once down the old stair case, she looked around the living room, in case there was extra cash lying around like usual.
    And there was. A one hundred dollar bill on the coffee table. Perfect! She snatched the money and placed it in her pocket, and made her way towards the front door.
    She opened it, and a rush of wind came rolling past her. "Dammit. I should have packed a jacket or something." but she could care less of the cold. Her mind was fixated on her arrival at the bus stop. Then, once seated in a row, she would think of a way to head to her next stop: YorkNew. That was where the Exam was being held. It was different from last years, and she was more than tempted to go, but her mother refused then, too.
   But now, there was no turning back. Just a couple more blocks and she would arrive at the stop.

   I'm doing it, mom. You should be proud!