Chapter 2

After what seemed like hours of sitting on that cramped leather seat that smelled of pickles and sweat, the bus Y/n was riding in came to a sudden stop, making the poor girl jolt up from her sleep.
    "Number six! Your stop is here. Get off." the bus driver was looking at her through his small mirror, his ugly green eyes bore into her e/c ones.
    Without a word, said girl stood up, walking down the lane quickly. "Thank you." she bowed to the bus driver and turned around to jump off the bus, immediately shivering due to the immense cold.
     She began walking down the sidewalk heading to YorkNew, while glancing through shopping windows. Many had women's clothing, but the occasional toy store showed more dolls than you could imagine.
     Y/n was beyond excited for the exam, and couldn't wait to reach it.
    Her watch showed ten o'clock, which meant the Hunters Exam began in seven hours. "Hello, YorkNew. Long time no see, how have you been?"
     As she walked down the silent street, passing a few allies, Y/n began getting hungry. There was no time to stop by a restaurant and pick up a burger, but what if she failed the exam because of an empty stomach? She wouldn't be able to retake the exam until the next year!
    Her stomach growled every minute, and it soon began annoying her. "Damn, I need something to at least calm it." on the next street over, Her e/c eyes spotted a McDaisys'. "Perfect." she might be able to walk over there, order something that will cook fast, and head out in just fifteen minutes. Enough time.
    So, without any other thoughts, Y/n speed walked along the side of the road, and ran across it, into the brightly colored restaurant.
     A cashier took sight of her and welcomed her. "Hello, welcome to McDaisys. May I be of assistance?"
       "Sure, I'll take a small burger. I'm in a hurry, so please be quick."
       She paid the amount she owed, leaving her only six thousand Jenny. More than enough to make it to the exams.
     While waiting, the cashier was curious. "Say, what are you in such a hurry for, miss?"
     Y/n hasn't realised he had asked her a question. She turned towards the man, and frowned. "Oh? I'm taking the Hunters Exam. What about it?"
     The cashier was taken aback by her response, but quickly conjured his composure. "Wow, you're really brave. I could never do that." his green eyes were widened now.
     "So? It's just because you're too lazy. If you worked out more, you could do it." Y/n didn't have the time to be nice, and soon her food was brought out to her. "Thank you." she walked out and returned to her journey to the exams.

So close...