Chapter 3

It was getting quite late, and before Y/n knew it, it was two o'clock in the morning. "I need some sleep, or I'll arrive at the exams too tired to pass them." as if on cue, a small hotel was beside a small house she had just passed. "Impeccable timing!"
The doors to the hotel were wooden, and molding a bit, but would a little mold harm anyone? Y/n slowly opened the door to the hotel, and a gush of dust rolled into her face. "Gross!" the smell was overwhelming, and she wanted to throw up, but it'd be rude to, especially after the manager spotted her and smiled.
The manager was a small, fat, petite woman who appeared to be in her early thirties, with curly brown hair and hazel eyes. "Uh, ma'am, may I request a room? I'm really tired, and I have to head to the-"
Y/n was caught off by the woman. "Hunters Exam?"
"How did you know?"
The small woman laughed, and wiped an imaginary tear from her small cheeks. "This hotel is known by the ones that will participate in the exams. Without me, you wouldn't know where to head next!"
Now that the young girl thought about it, the woman was correct. Y/n didn't know where she was headed, besides YorkNew. "Ma'am, I know it'll be held in YorkNew, but where in YorkNew?"
"I'll tell you after breakfast tomorrow. For now, go to the top floor in room five. There, you will meet four other participants. Don't worry, there are six beds, and the room is pretty large itself."
Without any questions, Y/n nodded and head for the staircase. 'Four people?'
Y/n knocked on the door quietly, and leaned her ear up against it. She could make out faint whispers, and then there was some movement. Someone was going to open the door.
That 'someone' did, and that 'someone' didn't look pleased. The person was male, but looked too young to be taking the exam. He looked about twelve, with blue eyes, pale skin, and snow white hair. "What do you want?"
"I'm here to stay the night in this hotel. I assume you will take the Hunters Exam?"
The young boy looked into her eyes, and frowned. "Yes. Are you staying in this room?"
"I was told to. Can I come in now?"
"Pfft. Whatever. The names Killua." he ushered Y/n in, and once she was, he quickly shut the door.
"Killua! Who was it?" another young boy ran towards Killua, but this one was different. He gave off positive vibes.
"Gon, this is..." Killua stopped for a moment and looked at Y/n.
"Y/n."
Gon, the said boy, smiled happily. "Hiya! I'm Gon! I'm going to become a Hunter just like my dad!" the boy sported green attire, and black spiky hair. His eyes were hazel.
"Hello, Gon."
"You can meet Kurapika and Leorio next! They're cool, too!" the boy grabbed Y/ns' hand and ran into another room, thought to be the resting room. "Leorio! This is Y/n!" an older male wearing a dark blue suit was resting on a couch, reading a magazine. He wore small circular glasses.
The said male looked up and smiled when he spotted Y/n.
Then, another male walked into the room. He had blonde hair, with grey eyes. "Gon, why are you shouting?"
"Kurapika! Meet Y/n! She's taking the Hunters Exam like us!"
"Y/n, huh? Nice to meet you." Y/n could tell he forced a smile, but her eyes wondered to his clothing.
"Is that traditional Kurta clothing? It's very beautiful." the blue, red, and yellow clashed together masterfully.
The blonde seemed taken aback by her question, but smiled. "Yes, it is. Thank you."

Are these new friends?