Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: Eeeeehhhhh, I'm back! I hope you enjoy this much needed chapter =) 

...°...

The only sound are the echoes of my feet pounding over the wooden floors as I march back and forth in the suffocating room. The lack of windows and the only view of dull, brick walls have me coming very close to the brink of insanity, and the constant pacing is the only thing that's letting me keep my composure. All I want to do is yell like a mad woman and break that stupid, perfect bed apart until it crumbles under my fingers in splinters sharp enough to tear through every single one of those vampires standing guard outside this room. 

I don't even sleep for God's sake!

I pinch my lips together and block a muffled scream, wildly running my fingers through my unraveled, blonde hair as I try to make sense of the chaos that is my mind. My father is well and alive. He was just standing there when they pulled me away. After all these years that I thought he was dead, he was Gabriel's little minion. Rage clouds my vision in red and I feel my fangs protruding. I pull at the roots of my hair to calm myself until the shaking stops and my fangs retreat again. I should feel relieved that he's alive. Hell, I should be ecstatic! But all that I can manage to discern inside of my wrecked self is that boiling emotion of complete anger towards him, towards me, towards everyone. That's when I feel the familiar burn. 

My throat is suddenly alive with fire as I notice the lack of blood running through my system, appeasing my senses. I can't even keep my emotions in check. I need blood. Without even trying to stop them this time, I let my fangs appear and the hunger immediately makes its presence known much more ferociously. I march over to the locked door, and just as I'm about to pound on it, it flies open. I stare into the annoyed face of Jay. I meet his stare head-on, and I only notice him nodding down when the intoxicating scent of fresh, human blood overcomes my every sense. I glance downwards and my red eyes narrow significantly when the plastic bottle comes into view, nestling comfortably in his pale hand. I reach for it but Jay pulls his hand back with a taunting smile, pressing an enraged snarl from me. I try again and he takes a step back. I let my inner demons take over as I spring for him in full speed, only to be knocked right into a wall. If I breathed the air would have left my lungs, but I still cough when I fall to the floor with a stumble. I raise my head and see one of the two rocks of a guard standing over me with fisted hands by his side. He takes a step back when Jay touches his arm. Then, Jay himself crouches down in front of him and waves the beautifully inviting bottle right in front of my eyes with an icy grin. "If you want this, you're going to shower, change, and then come to Gabriel peacefully to discuss your stay here," he says lowly, looking at me with a pointed look. I glare at him. 

"I'm not staying here. I'm being held against my will." 

He shrugs. "Call it what you will, princess, but you're still going to do exactly what I say, understood?" Without waiting for a reply he rises, leaving me on the floor as he turns and walks away in a too-calm demeanour. I let out a snarl and awkwardly come back onto my feet, before shooting the two guards a stare full of contempt and hate. I raise my head high and walk back into my prison-cell, before loudly slamming the door behind me. I hear the lock turn and click into place, and I grit my teeth together to prevent myself from launching myself at the door and doing something that I'll regret. I need that blood, and if I have to pretend to cooperate until I'm sated, then so be it. None of them will have any idea what's coming for them. 

When I've figured out a plan, that is. 

...°...

I let the guards pull me forwards through silent, stone-walled hallways without a word, staring straight ahead and replaying a lovely image of Gabriel's dismantled body in the front of my mind over and over again. The pair of white Converse that I found in the chest have served as a much more comfortable alternative to heeled booties, and jeans and a simple tee-shirt shield my skin from any unwanted eyes that the dress might have attracted. I've pulled my hair up into a ponytail and I feel it brush against the back of my neck when it sways back and forth as we walk. I feel focused, ready to meet Gabriel head-on and-