Chapter 3

I hung out with Lauren that next day I think she would know better than anyone about me and Pia. "Hey Lala can I ask you something?" I said. "Sure thing Hales." Lauren said as she came over to me while waitressing. "What's on your mind?" "I remembered something last night after I slept with Stefano...." I said. "Oh dear...you slept with him?" Lauren whispered shaking her head. "It wasn't like he'd let me say no!" I rolled my eyes. "Fine. What is it you remembered?" she asked. "I remembered that he cheated on me with Pia on the time...What's going on with that?" I asked. 

Lauren sighed and I thought I just opened a can of worms. "Okay....You and Pia are complicated. You guys were best friends in high school. I know you and Casey were best friends too but Pia was your best girl friend. Anyway you stole Stefano from her at first. You didn't know he was dating her at the time but that sparked a war between you two over him. You guys go back and forth between being best friends and hating each other still to this date. As of right now Pia thinks you and Stefano broke up so you're friends again..." Lauren said sheepishly. "WHAT!" I said "So I'm going to have to learn how to lie?" "Guess so....I gotta get back to work just be careful okay?" Lauren said as she ran off to get back to work.

I sighed miserably. I didn't even know how to lie or even if I was good liar. This was going to be hard...maybe I should talk to Casey....he seemed nice enough. I went over to his house. "Hales what's wrong?" he said when he answered the door. "How do you know something's wrong? Can't a girl just come over to say hi?" I said as Casey gave me a look. "Okay okay I need your help." I sighed defeated. He laughed "Hales I know you. You always come to me for advice even before you lost your memory." "Really? I guess I was smart after all." I said proud of myself. Casey just laughed "What's the problem?" 

"Am I a good liar?" I asked. "And you want to know this why?" he asked. "Because I lied to Pia and what if I run into her and have to continue the lie!" I said confused. "Oh right you lied about breaking up with Stefano...Look Haley I'll just pretend to be your date okay? Trust me I can make us very believable...." "So you're telling me to say I'm dating you not Stefano."  I said trying to follow "Yes...Look Haley we've been friends forever. I know everything about you okay? It can work out." he smiled at me. A part of me kind of wished I was with Casey not Stefano. I mean Stefano was okay it's just Casey was so good to me even though I couldn't remember anything about myself. 

"It can work out." I agreed as he hugged me. "Thanks for everything." I smiled a bit. "Anytime Hales you know I'm always where for you...If Stefano does anything and I mean anything to hurt you don't hesitate to call me okay?" "I won't" I said wondering what he could possibly mean by him hurting me. I mean I know about the cheating. Was their something else I didn't know about?