[4]

[4]
broken (adj.)
having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working.

-

"So, where's my horse?" Dad asked as I stitched Daryl up.

"Got spooked. Threw me off 'er."

"That's Nelly for ya." I smile.

"Coulda told you that if you asked." Dad said and I scoffed. Luckily he didn't noticed. I grabbed a washcloth with water so I could clean his forehead before I stitched it.

I took his do-rag from him and gently put the cloth on it.

They talked for a few more minutes before leaving Daryl and I.

"You don't have to do this." He tells me.

"I do. Plus, scars are cool."

"How did you know where I was?" He asked.

"What?"

"At the lake... I- Nevermind."

"Okay... You know what you need." I tell him. "A shower. Desperately."

He laughs. "Aren't you supposed to be a sweet farm girl?"

"Nope." He cracks a small smile.

"You're not too bad Lex. Not bad at all."

"Anyways, I should be going. I expect you to look atleat decent when I bring your dinner up." He rolls his eyes and I leave the room.

As the ladies and I finish up dinner, people started piling in. Maggie, Glenn, Beth, Jimmy and I sat at the small square one as the others at the dinner table.

The food was passed around and the plates were filled. The only sound you could hear where the knives and forks clinkering along with the chewing. Annoying as hell by the way.

That was until Glenn broke that silence.

"Anyone know how to play guitar?" I had to cover my face to keep from laughing. "Dale, he uh, found this cool one." He stayed silent for a few more seconds. "Come on, somebody gotta know how to play."

"Otis did." Patricia comments.

"Very good too." Dad replys.

"Way to go Glenn..." I mutter sarcastically and he smiles my way. Silence fills the air again.

That was until Glenn started russling with a piece of paper from Maggie. We all looked at him and Maggie looked at me. I shrugged.

"I'll go bring Daryl a plate." I announced. Maggie gave me a look as if saying to stay and help. I smirked at her.

"No, no. I got it." Carol smiles.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Already makin' it." She goes into the kitchen. Well shit.

-

I helped clean up and told Maggie to tell me where she was meeting lover boy.

"Ever done it in a hayloft?" It read.

I told Maggie to go and get him, see if ahe can make it before he did. I would cover if Dad asked.

10 minutes later, Maggie never came back so I figured they had found some place else.

Everyone was in bed, except for me, so I made my way up there. I opened my door and the remembered Daryl was held up in here.

"Ya know, I'm a bit upset with you." Daryl says to me.

"Why?" I untie my boots and put them in the corner.

"I was expectin' you to bring me mah food."

"Hey, I was goin' too. Turn around." I changed into a big tshirt and sweats.

"What the hell are you doin'?"

"Well, as this is my room, I'm changing to go to the couch."

"Hell no you ain't. Get up here." I sigh and climbed in.

"I swear if you snore..." I begin.

"I don't. Hush up and go to sleep."

I slept like a baby that night.

- 4 days later... -

"Stop poking holes in your tent." I scolded Daryl.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes. "Bring your own pillow if your gonna boss me around."

"Hey!" I yelp as he takes the small pillow from under me. I land on his arm.

"Hey, can I come in?" Andrea asks and Daryl nods.

"I brought you this." She hands him a book and he flips through it.

"What? No pictures?" She chuckles.

"I feel really bad. I'm so sorry."

"You were just tryin' to protect camp. I get it."

"Good." She smiles and begins to leave.

"Hey Andrea," Daryl calls her back.

"Yeah?"

"Shoot me again, bes' pray I'm dead." She nods and walks off.

"Oh! Look Daryl, another book to read!" I coo sarcastically.

"Uh-uh. I don't read."

"It's good."

"Then you read it."

"Fine." I huff and begin to read it out loud.

-

a;n
dont really know where to stop this chapter so i'll see you for chapter 5 soon!!!!