[6]

[6]
fear ( n. )
an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

-

"Oh my god..." I whispered as the flesh eating monsters came out of the barn. I quickly got my gun out and started shooting, putting bullets in their heads.

That's when I saw him. Shawn.

I tried to shoot him, but I couldn't. I knew i had to be the one to do it. I was his full sister. Not some half shit like Maggie or Beth. I couldn't move, I was frozen.

"I-I..."

"Lexi!" I heard someone scream.

-
Few hours before...
-

"Daryl, what the hell are you doing?" I ask him as he puts one of them saddles on the holder.

"What does it look like?" I roll my eyes and scoff.

"You need to rest. You're not healed properly.

"To hell with that."

"Daryl... I'm gonna be honest with you, we don't know where that little girl is. I'm not saying give up, but wait till you're healed."

He looks at me and then proceeds to walk away. That was until he threw the saddle. I shook my head as he groaned in pain.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Leave me alone." He walks away, but not before mumbling, "Stupid bitch." I look at him as he walks away, surprised at the very least.

I followed him out and pushed his shoulders.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him. "I'm the stupid bitch?"

"Yeah!" He yells. "Stop worryin' about me!"

"Why?! Your 'group' sure as hell don't worry about you, or care!" I know that was harsh but I was only saying that because I was upset... It was obvious that he was cared for.

"I don't need your pity." He say.

"Wow."

"What?" He spat.

"You really a cold blooded bitch."

He scoffs. "I'm the bitch? You go around actin' like your this tough shit, when you really are a defenseless little bitch, who can't take of herself and has to have her daddy fight her battles."

I noticed there were tears in my eyes. For a split second I thought his eyes went soft.

"I..."

"Save it. Don't come near me. Don't talk to me. Got it?" I didn't bother staying around. All I wanted to do was cry.

Was I really a defenseless little bitch?

-

I stayed in my room for the rest of the morning. It was lunch time and I was about to head out when I heard Rick and my dad talking.