Chapter 5 Part 2

(Dawns POV)

Alea, Layla and I walked around in a shopping center. We looked around for halloween costumes.

"So what were you thinking?" I asked, looking through the clothing hangers in a thrift store.

"Im not sure.. Most girls will probably be wearing short skirts or shorts or something." Layla said, lasily looking through the aisle. Alea sat on a bench near the shoes while on her phone looking for costume ideas.

"We should go as a trio." Alea said, looking up at Layla in the aisle beside her just eyeballing over the aisles of shirts.

"But what should we go as?" Layla asked as I continued looking through the clothing.

Alea shrughed, "I don't know.. Maybe we can be one of those 90's teen girl band."

"Actually that's a good idea." I said, and walked over to where Layla and Alea were standing.

We talked for a bit longer before we decided to go to a better clothing store to look. We left the thrift store and waved at the person at the cash register. The store we wanted to go to wasn't very far. We could walk, and since none of us have cars we were walking.

We walked into this retail store, and not very far from the door was the female clothing. We looked around for a bit, trying to find something that could pass being in the 90's or early 2000's.

"What should we even look for?" Layla asked and I shrugged.

"Maybe low rise jeans? Or bell bottoms. And some people would wear those tank tops that didn't cover their entire torso.." I said, slightly confused by what I said myself.

Alea and Layla just kinda looked at me for a second and then looked back at the jeans since that was the only word they understood.

"Okay you guys look for clothes, and I'll go look at accessories." I said, pointing my thumb over my shoulder towars the Jewlery stand since there was accesories near it.

"Okay, so get low rise things right?" Alea asked and I nodded while turning on my heel and started walking.

I looked around and grabbed a few headbands and hats so they could choose which they wanted. 'What else would a 90s pop band wear?' I asked myself, steping back to look up and down the aisle. I ended up finding a pack of 3 of those dangly hoop earings.

I started walking back to the aisle i last saw them in. I didn't see them but I could hear them so I kept loking around until I saw Laylas dark hair on the other side of a display.

"Hey guys, find anything?" I asked and Alea and Layla turned to face me.

"Umm.. We found ours but we werent sure what you wanted.." Alea said, noticing the things I was holding in my arms.

"Okay, well heres some accesories, pick what you want." I said, and then went to look for clothes.

I just got a black tank top and low rise jeans, it seemed 90s enough to me. I walked over to them and put the clothes in the buggie with the accessories we decided to keep and their outfits.

We split the price 3 ways, payed, then walked out of the store with the bags.

"We didn't think this through very well." I laughed, referencing that none of us had a car.

"The partys only like a mile from my house. Want me to ask my mom if your guys could come over to change thwn go?" Alea asked and me and Layla shrugged.

"Oh my god it's like seventh grade!" I said, remembering how we went trick or treating together when we were in seventh grade.

Alea and Layla laughed remembering how that night went.

"My mom said she could be here in 10." Alea said sitting down on the turb outside the store.

Me and Layla didn't sit down, but we set the bags down in the middle of us for the safety of the items.

Aleas mom pulled up to the front of the shop and we grabbed the bags and got in the car. Alea sat in the front and me and Layla sat down in the back with the bags.

"So what's the game plan?" Aleas mom asked.

"We're gonna go home, change and get ready to go to that party." Alea said.

Aleas mom knew nearly everybody in this town. She knew Jake's parents and that they would be there.

What she wasn't aware of was they were on a buisness trip that they didn't want people to know about and the party would be completely unsupervised.

We got to Alea's house and walked in and went up stairs to her bedroom.

We had to change infront of eachother in school for gym so we weren't really bothered by it. After we got dressed we put jackets on over our clothes, partially because it was cold.

We thanked Aleas mom for allowing us to change there and then walked outside to get to the party.

(IM SORRY THIS WASNT AS LONG AS MY USUAL CHAPTERS. BUT THIS IS ONLY PART ONE OF THE PARTY.)