Chapter One

I watched from a distance as Ace's shaggy brown hair flopped down into his face, looking at her as if she was the whole world. There was a sparkle in his hazel eyes this time which was something I hadn't seen in a while. My fingertips wrapped around my metal lunch tray until I could feel pain running through my hands and up my arms. Hitting nerves that I did not know was there.

With my head up high, I released my grip on my baby blue colored tray. Taking one step at a time I made my way over to Ace. As if he could feel my presences, his head instantly darted in the direction of the sound of my footsteps. There was no spark anymore. No spreading of glee or anger upon his face. There was nothing.

I glanced over at Lacey, his new girlfriend, and I noticed the daggers she was throwing my way. As if I had done anything to her! She was the one that stole my boyfriend yet somehow I am the one who is shunned.

I made the first move, as always, "I need to talk to you Ace."

He hesitated, looking over at Lacey to see if she approved. She didn't and I knew she wouldn't. Ace started to move his lips but nothing came out. So I made another move.

"So I can't talk to you? Well then I will talk to everyone in the cafeteria," I stated while crossing my arms across my chest.

"Veron-" he started but I quickly interrupted him. He lost his chance

My eyes scanned the table, looking at all my so called friends who had already chose a side. Clapping my hands once and giving a satisfied grin, I started my speech.

"We dated for three years. We went to prom together. I stayed up to watch that boring show, Full House, with you. I watched as you ate my last smarties. I was there when you had your first wreck in that stupid red truck of yours. I was there at the hospital when you had a concussion. I've been there for you for a long time. Then this little bitch comes up and steals you from me. Not okay Ace Mikeal Townsend," I quickly latched onto his pale green shirt, pulling him out of his seat before continuing. "You owe me an apology, now."

His face was filled with bewilderment and I honestly would like to think he was scared for a moment.

However I was the one who became scared. Everyone quickly backlashed at me. All I heard were bits and pieces of "what a bitch" to "Lacey is better than you" and finally, "you're out."

Meanwhile Ace is staring at me as if he wanted to say he was sorry but didn't.

I wanted him back and I knew he was still there somewhere.

Before I could say anything back I was pushed away from the group by no other than Lacey. She had the nerve to tell me I was no longer invited to associate with them. I was the leader not the follower like she was!

Anger filled me, from my head to my toes.

I threw my food away, no longer hungry. Reaching in my back pocket I pulled out a piece of bubblegum. I plopped it in my mouth and began chewing loudly, ignoring all the sounds around me.

I stormed out of the cafeteria and was ready to let all my anger out until I ran into something. My whole body betrayed me and fell underneath me. I felt a strong pain in my lower back as well as my head.

My eyes narrowed at the sight before me, a tall, lanky, dirty blonde dork. His glasses almost slid off his face as he extended his hand out to me.

I scoffed at the gesture and brushed it off. "You jerk, now my hair is all messed up," I said, frowning while frantically trying to fix my hair.

The guy raised his eyebrow slightly, giving me a confused look.

"How is it possible to mess up a bobbed haircut?" He questioned.

"Oh it's possible," I stated in a low tone before getting up and off the ground. "Just get out of my way."

His eyes darted from me to the ground until he finally started to back away. I watched, satisfied, as he walked away.

That'll teach them to get in my way. I've already had a bad day. I don't need anyone to make it any worse.

I spit my flavorless gum out in the middle of the hallway before walking to my third class of the day.

The whole time I was in history I kept thinking of ways to destroy Lacey. There must be something she hates more than anything but I couldn't come up with anything. I had already made a small list including:

- slipping real meat into her lunchbox (she was vegetarian, so I heard)

- take her clothes out of her locker in the gym ( it's a classic)

- tell Ace that she was cheating on him with a girl (although he might enjoy that)

I scratched out all of them out as soon as I thought of them. Everything was so juvenile - way below me. I needed something that was going to make her life a living hell, but what? What would she hate more than anything?

How was I supposed to know? I wasn't some nerd who had a major crush on the hottest football player. I was the one that got everything because I deserved it.

I tore the sheet of notebook paper out with all my ideas and crumpled it up into a ball.

Looking up as I tossed the ball into my bookbag I saw that a lot of eyes were on me. Some showed pity but most were disgusted. Did they forget who I was?

Suddenly it hit me.

If you can't beat them, join them.

-----
Author's Note: So I hoped you enjoyed it and hopefully you like Veronica's character as much as I do. Please comment and vote if you liked the story!

Dedicated to g_litter who made the amazing moodboard for my story <3

Next update should be up soon!