Chapter Two

Tuesdays at school were usually okay. 

I never really paid attention in English class so I slipped out to take care of "girl business". Of course that wasn't the real reason. The only reason I had to slip out so quickly in the middle of the lesson was because Ace kept staring at me. 

I wanted to tell him I missed him, but I had to wait until lunch. I had a great plan, but I am starting to think otherwise as I glanced at myself in the girl's bathroom mirror. 

I quickly pulled down my blue plaid button up shirt so the bottom would show underneath my grey sweater. My mother always told me the color blue made my eyes pop, but I never understood the compliment. My eyes were dark blue, nothing really highlighted them either other than the string of pearls around my neck.

Pearls were a girls best friend, forget the diamonds. 

I suddenly let out a puff of air as I slid my clammy hands down my face. My intention today was to fit in, but I wasn't doing such a great job.  

Lunch wasn't any different either because as I carried my tray to Ace's table I was quickly shut out by Lacey. 

"Lacey, I just want to sit with Sarah okay? You can't take away all my friends." I huffed as I slammed my tray down at the edge of the table. 

Lacey rolled her eyes, "You do not belong anywhere near this table after what you did." 

I merely laughed, "What? I thought you liked hot chocolate, right?" 

Ace glared at me, "Not on her head Veronica. Listen you've tormented her enough. You can talk to Sarah whenever you want to, but not at our table." 

Sarah, my best friend since elementary school, gave me a pitty look before I trailed off. Sarah and I were on the phone last night; talking about today and how it would go down. I did not think it would be a big deal to sit with her, but apparently it was. 

I scanned the lunchroom to see if I knew anyone else, but it would not have mattered because almost all the seats were filled. There was one table left that was always left for the ones who were so called "weird". Ronnie, the classic nerd, was sitting all by himself. Today I was alone like him. 

I silently laid my tray on the opposite side of Ronnie as I sat across from him. His eyes were trained on his pork chop as if it was going to jump out and bite him. I raised one of my eyebrows at him while reaching my hand out to tap in front of him. "Hey Ron," I excitingly let out. 

Ron made no move.

"Come on Ron, we know both know you want to talk to me."

Still no response. 

I puffed, "Ron-" I begun to say before I was rudely interrupted.  

"Voni, you can't just try to force yourself on him," a loud obnoxious voice blurted.  

I scoffed as I redirected my eyes on the intruder, but it was none other than that guy from the hallway. "Really, you again," I rolled my eyes before scooting a seat away. He made it a point to sit right beside of me, his arm rested right against mine. "Get off of me,"

"Hey, I'm Eli also known as the class clown, the one who reads a lot, that guy in the hallway, the one who makes great jokes, and you know that awesome guy." He said while giving me a toothy smile. 

"Hello, the guy I don't want to know." I poked his arm so that it slightly moved, "Can you like move this?" 

He merely laughed, "My arm? Why should I move my arm?" 

"It's in my way."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."

This went on for a good amount of time before the bell finally rang. I took my tray with all my food still waiting to be eaten and threw it away. I could feel him behind me as I tried to make my way out of the lunchroom. 

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back, "Hey I could help you." 

I quickly turned around, "What? Like I need your help." 

A grin made its way onto his face as he moved a piece of curly hair out of his face, "I am most certainly able to help you," he said as he laid both hands on my shoulders and spun me in a direction facing Lacey. 

My face transformed into one of disgust, "How could you possibly help me?" 

One of his hands lingered on one of my shoulders while the other one slid down. His whole body was in front of me before I knew it and I could see the hint of mischievousness in his eyes. "Let's just say I have a war going on." 

I laughed extremely loud at the sound of his words, "What are you in medieval times, dork? Are you going to have a duel?"

"Just trust me." 

And so I might have trusted him, just for now, and only because I was desperate.

-------

Author's Note: I am sorry this is extremely short, but college is demanding so much of me right now. I have to many lesson plans to make, however, I hope this short chapter keeps you happy. I am extremely excited for it. I wrote more, but I am saving that for later! 

Please don't forget to vote and comment (I always respond to comments) 

Stay rad :)