Chapter Three

I puffed my chest out as I stood on one foot while the others held me from underneath. I confidentiality held my arms over my head as I heard the other cheerleaders chant, "One"..."Two"....

Until my eyes landed on the tall lanky boy in the stands. I narrowed my eyes at him, as to tell him to go away, but he sat there right beside Lacey Dickens. 

My legs became jelly.

"Three," I faintly heard before I felt my legs shaking and tipping over out of their grasp. The next thing I knew was a thud and a throbbing pain that traveled down my backside.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. Blurs and shouts came to me in bits and pieces, but I knew one thing for sure, I hated being a flyer

I immediately jumped up, feeling awkward just laying on the ground. My eyes quickly scanned the football field to see four different people running my way. A older lady, Ace, Lacey, and surprisingly Eli. I couldn't help but lock gazes with Ace whose piercing hazel eyes of his were completely laced with worry.  

I needed this. 

My mind raced with options to keep his beautiful eyes the same. Before I knew it, my hand reached up to my head and groans started escaping my lips. 

"Are you okay," a soft voice asked me. I glanced over at the middle aged, brunette lady who had concerned written all over her face. 

"I-I," I stuttered, not putting on an act, but mainly because I wasn't sure how I was going to pull this off. 

"What's your name?" She blurted out, with one eyes slightly expanding larger than the other. I was frankly startled and all I could do was stare at those odd eyes of hers. 

Who had grey eyes? I'd never seen any before.

As I was pondering the woman's unique eyes she quickly assumed that something must not be right about me. So she kept rambling on, until one question popped up that I could answer confidently. 

"How is your head?"

I scrunched up my forehead creating wrinkles in my forehead as I did so, "My head hurts a bit." 

She simply nodded and held out her hand, but all I could focus on was how unfocused Ace had been with Lacey in weeks. His piercing eyes were solely focused on me which hadn't happen in years. 

I almost smiled for a second, but realized I needed to be in pain. 

"Oo, the light," I groaned as I covered my eyes with one of my hands. 

I sneaked a peek at the lady and her face slowly was turning into one of concerned to annoyance. "Let's get you into the school building, I think you might have a concussion," she advised, "does someone want to come with her?" 

"I will," both Ace and Eli said at the same time.

Lacey's thick eyebrows furrowed together, "Eli? She doesn't even like you?" 

I was quite offended, but understood quickly as to what she was referring to. I disliked most nerds, especially Lacey. 

Eli rolled his eyes, "Lace, don't you know? She's the girlfriend I was talking about, remember?" 

I almost fell backwards as I heard the words girlfriend come out of Eli's dorky mouth. I wanted to tackle him right then and there and no one would have noticed. 

Trying to control my eyes from popping out of their own sockets I turned to Eli with a fake smile, "Honey," I said through gritted teeth, "not now..you're giving me a headache." 

"A headache?" Ace shouted, "Come on let's not stand here any longer." 

"No, come with me Voni, you're my girlfriend after all," He smirked and I instantly wanted to slap him. 

Ace's tan skin slowly turned into a deep red, "Well she is my best friend so back off," 

I swooned. 

Yes yes yes, this is what I wanted. 

"Well, Ace," Lacey said sternly, "Eli is my best friend..." She trailed off as her face turned into one of confusion. I couldn't read her eyes at all as she stared off into the distance. "Let's just go and check up on them later." 

No no no...

"Wait, what just happened? Where am I?" I frantically let out in desperation. 

Eli who towered over me looked down at me in pity, "Let's go Voni," he said as he gently took my arm and led me away. 

"Stop calling me Voni," I muttered as I stubbornly walked with him. 

----

After the incident, Eli kept nagging about how I needed to take things slow. He even offered to take me home and told me I was in no condition to drive. I was fine, but he was going to be.

"Listen up dork," I started, "first off I do not have a concussion so I am okay. Secondly, I never agreed to be your fake girlfriend. So thirdly, you need to go trot over to Lacey and tell her so." 

I had noticed today that Eli loved to smirk at me and I really hated that. His tall form was leaned up against the car door of his Honda Civic. No one was in the parking lot of our school anymore because it's been about two hours since school had dismissed. He had demanded me that I could not drive so he has been keeping me hostage. 

His curly hair kept flopping in his face due to the slight breeze outside. He was smiling down at me now. "Well, nice plan, but mine is better." 

I threw my hands in the air, unable to comprehend his incredibly stupid behavior. "That was your plan? To say we are dating? How is that going to help me?"

He was smiling again, but this time it was bigger, "Earth to Voni, Lacey is my best friend and whoever I date automatically is her friend too." 

I piddled with my silver sterling ring as I pondered about what he had just said. My feet started to slide from underneath me as my balance faltered against my doodle bug car. Before I knew it, his long arms were around my waist, keeping me from falling. 

Noticing his hold on me, I pushed his hands off of me and steadied my stance. For a few minutes I stared at him as I thought about our situation. 

I titled my head to the side as I looked up at him, "So, you're friends with Lacey?" I questioned.

He smile faltered, "We were, but that doesn't mean we still can't be.." He trailed off, then a few seconds passed and he added, "right?" 

I shrugged because I really had no other hope. "Sure." 

"So will you be my fake girlfriend, Voni?"

I scoffed, "Let's just get this straight, if I wasn't so desperate I would say no because you are not my-" he quickly interrupted with his loud obnoxious voice. 

"Say yes," He pleaded. 

"Sure, why not." I finally gave in. 

Me, Veronica Greene, the most popular cheerleader in school is now fake dating the most dorkiest guy in the school. 

What has this world came to? 

----

Author's Note: I first want to thank the following people for helping me with Veronica's concussion. What would I do without the wattpad clubs?

@highpost1388 @HarryB178 @johncurzonauthor @GPoplawski @XimeraGrey

This chapter is dedicated to @highpost1388 because in the end Veronica's actual concussion was inspired by the information I was given. 

Also I want to thank all the new readers for commenting and voting for this story. It means a lot to me! I love you all!

Please don't forget, if you love this story please vote to let me know I should keep posting. Also comment below! I love reading comments and responding to them!