The Cheerleader's Secret

INTRODUCTION: 

"I'm in love with Lacey Dickens,"

Was the last thing I wanted to hear at two in the morning. With alcohol mixed in my blood stream, my choices were made easy.

Let me rewind first....

It was a Friday night which meant game night. It was the ultimate showdown in football history between high schools. The blue and yellow game between Freedom and Willow View High.

My team and I were all wearing our blue and grey outfits. Our faces were filled with glitter and fake cheerfulness, at least mine was. Don't get me wrong football is amazing, but it was not my thing.

As I had looked out into the field that night I knew why I was there. Ace Townsend had been my boyfriend for the past three years and he was the quarter back to our school's football team.

There was something to be said about the way our football team carried themselves. I knew them all. Loved them all. They hid secrets and well, might I add.

Ace was my love however not for too long. For the past couple of months, I had noticed he was studying after school longer than usual. He was acting odd.

That night we had lost the game and I had lost him to the school's nerd

Lacey Dickens.

Right in front of my face she had ran up to hug him and planted a huge kiss on his lips – the lips that I had owned for years. I had seen her eyes flicker to me, filled with mischievousness. I watched as she snaked her long fingers around his neck, stood on his toes and whispered something into his ear.

That's when it struck me. His eyes found their way to me and they were filled with pity.

I didn't have to hear it to know, but nonetheless I heard.

"Veronica," He started, as he always did when something went wrong, "I can't lie to you anymore."

I had stood tall, my chin up and my eyes cold as he continued his sappy love story. I didn't listen to his stupidity, didn't have to. I knew what had happened, knew it all.

But my heart couldn't take the word love coming out of his mouth and my name not following afterwards.

That's when I stopped standing and started running.

I couldn't act out on her or him, so I acted out on myself. At least I couldn't act out on them just yet.

Revenge is a bitch Lacey Dickens; don't you forget that.

--------

Author's note:

So this story was originally called "The Slut's Secret" and was going to be posted on December 4, 2014. Now two years later and I have finally made it the story I wanted it to be. A story that wasn't like the others on here. We finally get to see the cheerleader's side of the story. Is she as low as we think her to be in most teen fiction stories? 

Maybe it is just me but this story is my favorite so far. I am super excited to post more. 

Chapter one will be posted after Christmas! So keep your eyes open for it! Thank you for reading and please vote and comment! 

Stay rad!