Chapter 6

"Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons." - Michael Jackson

Werewolf Kingdom
Romanov Estate/Castle
The King's Chambers

Fyrrah's POV

It's been three days, three long excruciating days locked up in our bedroom. Yep, Alessio claimed this as ours. I spent the said three days sleeping and lying in bed, refusing to talk to anyone. Not even Alessio. Luces came to apologize yesterday but the firestone felt threatened, let's just say he left the room being carried out. At night Alessio would cuddle with me and tell me how his day went by. Sometimes he would ask me if I wanted to go out so he could take me, and would apologize everytime he felt that he's neglecting me and not spending enough time with me.

All in all he's been caring, but their betrayal hurts and I'm still trying to figure out why. I've been betrayed many times, but this one is so agonizing. Alessio made me understand that he wasn't planning to surrender me to the fire elves, he told me that Alpha Luces felt threatened because I'm in their kingdom and I've been in his territory. Possessive and protective freaks. The action that he had done was his own fault, and Alessio certainly didn't order anything. He thought Alessio would want the elves' alliance so he attacked, to make his king proud. Proud my ass.

The thoughts I'm having faded the moment the door opened and the familiar aura of the werewolf king entered the room. "Baby?" His voice was soothing, calming my tensed muscles. The bed dipped, signaling he was climbing in and soon his arms pulled me flushed in his chest gently. "Baby, please... let me hear your beautiful voice." His voice cracked and I felt warm liquid wetting my nape. "Little elf... c'mon, give me that beautiful smile again."

I bit my lip, I never expected him to cry over me. His gentle sobs were muffled in my hair as his hands rubbed my waist gently. My heart constricted at the thought of him breaking.

"My name is Fyrrah Vulcan," I started, my throaty voice made me cringe from the lack of use. He stopped, breathing deeply before kissing my neck. "I am the youngest daughter of King Victor and Queen Elena Vulcan of the fire kingdom." He went rigid before turning me around to face him.

"My baby is a princess..." He murmured, brushing his lips softly against my forehead. "What happened then?" He asked softly.

I swallowed the lump on my throat, "When the elves reached their sixteenth birthday they will be able to control the element of their origin. So when I didn't, my father disowned me. He stripped me off the princess title."

This time he snarled, holding me close. "He what?!"

"You heard me." I rolled my eyes, rubbing his tensed muscles to relax him. "That's okay with me. As the years went by, Elisa and my brother learned that the trusted general of the king was planning to steal the firestone to be a king. We tried to stop him, while they called for reinforcements I rushed to stop him on my own. I mean, what do you expect from a naive eighteen-year-old girl?"

"You did what you know was right." He smiled. "You're brave, never doubt that." Then his smile turned into a teasing one, "Not one who had hurt my friend down there escaped my wrath, you're the first one."

I blushed hard, glaring at him. "Anyway, only royals can touch the stone. Since he couldn't, he framed me. Letting my father believe I was planning it all along. He believed him, he was his loyal friend afterall. I was hurt, especially when he ordered my execution. So I jumped down from the balcony, the stone disappeared and I fell on the sea. I didn't know what happened next. All I know is that I survived and Virgo and Elisa found me. They helped me escape, keeping me informed of what was happening inside. The rest is history, you probably knew that already since you ordered Luces to keep tabs on me."