Chapter 19

"Fear makes us feel our own humanity." - Benjamin Disraeli

Werewolf Kingdom
Romanov Estate/Castle
The Castle Hall

Alessio's POV

Once the dance was over I hurriedly scanned the hall for Alpha Vincent's face. No sign of him, even Finn and Fyrrah.

"My king, let's have a drink." Samantha smiled seductively as she encircled her arms around me.

My growl was the only answer she got. I narrowed my eyes at her, still angry at the stunt she pulled earlier. She acted like she's my Luna, and I don't like it one bit. It was Fyrrah's place, not hers.

"Stay away from me, Warrens." I hissed. I pried her arms off of me and walked away from her presence. I can sense her annoyance from where I am right now.

My brows furrowed when I noticed Ares trying to reach me through the crowd. He was supposed to be in the control room, wasn't he?

I met him halfway, "What's the matter, young man?"

"Alpha, the cameras forced shut down. We lost track of Fyrrah and the Gamma." He reported through the link immediately.

I growled lowly, "To the dungeons." I sent to half of my men around the area. We made our way to the dungeons and before we could even round the corner, the smell of blood and Chameleon filled my senses.

Holy shit.

"Cover your noses, there's poison in the air." I ordered them. We hurriedly made our way to the dungeons but the scene in front of us slowed me down.

All the guards were unconscious, even Berlin. There was blood everywhere...

Vincent's, Finn's and Fyrrah's blood.

He took our mate. Mate! My wolf rose in anger, banging the walls I built in my head.

This can't be fuckin' happening.

I screamed in frustration, gripping my head tightly. My men carried the bodies and took them to the infirmary while I remained glued on my spot.

"Alpha..." Tristan came after a while. "I already sent the wolves home. I told them the castle needs to close for emergency cases. Anthony informed me that Finn and Vincent disappeared without traces and he has some of Vincent's men locked in a room protected by Artemis' spells to prevent them from escaping."

I nodded, all I could think about was Vincent and Finn's head on a platter. I will enjoy tearing them from limb to limb. "Is that all?" I asked coldly.

He did a double take at my tone, but he managed to devoid his face of any emotion right away.

"The spies in the packs returned, the other two packs are harmless. The Nightshade, however, has fire elves all over their territory. Rogues are on the outer shell, acting as the first line of defenses. The fire elves are on the second lines, about three miles away from the pack house."

Run. Hunt. Kill. My wolf repeated his mantra again and this time, he will get what he wants. No one takes what's mine without consequences. Fyrrah is mine, and they took her. Blood is not enough as a payment. My wolf will feast on their remains once I laid my hands on them.

And for the fuckin' traitor, I will find him. I'm not an idiot to think that they did it on their own. Someone keeps informing them of what's happening here. That person's death will be slow and painful.

"Prepare for an attack."

***

I can't wait to taste their blood. My wolf growled, licking his lips.

'Patience. You will in a few moments.' I replied while scanning the area where the rogues built their tent.

I sent the signal to Artemis to lift the veil making us invisible and undetected to the naked eye. She nodded, holding King Aer's hand tightly in nervousness as she lifted it in one breath. I growled my battlecry and shifted into my wolf as my wolves charged simultaneously, taking the rogues in surprise. I let my wolf take over, tearing the enemies like rag dolls weighing nothing. I was quite impressed seeing King Aer in my peripheral vision sucking a person's soul like a vaccuum. His job is to protect Artemis, since I can't do it right now. Mate comes first, ask my wolf about that.

Decapitating the last rogue, all my wolves positioned again behind me. Artemis covered us with the veil again and we ran through the forest, the distance between us and the second line of defenses is getting nearer each step. We paused a few meters away, watching them having a bonfire like what Kalen and his men did back in the shore after attacking my poeple.

My wolf grinned excitedly, crouching low while standing on two feet.

Tonight, they will have a taste of the rage of a Lycan. He won't be satisfied until Fyrrah's with us.

"Watch out for their fireballs. Your Luna once told you it is deadly. Heed her, and once I said attack, strike! I want them all dead."

Howls of approval echoed in the link, giving me a burst of confidence. "Attack!" I growled.

They did, the same time Artemis lifted the veil. Fireballs were thrown in different directions, fire elves screaming and wolves howling and yelping in pain. It looks like they were all trained warriors. They fought tooth and nails, but without their fires they would be nothing compared to my wolves.

The battle lasted longer than I  expected, blood covered my fur and flesh of different elves get's stuck in my teeth. We lost a few wolves, some injured and Ares and Artemis took care of them for fast healing. The bodies of our fallen comrades will be brought back home because they deserve a proper burial.

"What about the pack wolves, Alpha?" Anthony asked beside me. Tristan was left in the castle since I promised Anthony I will take him next time.

"Those who you think are innocent and are telling the truth will be spared. Those who fought along side the traitors will die as traitors."

As I gave my orders, they nodded with determination. I glanced at the direction of the Nightshade pack house, the rising sun reflecting on my eyes.

"We will have our Luna back. I will have my mate back."