7.

“Hi,” he greets with a shy grin, both dimples popping.

“Um…” I glance down at my clothes, horrified, “This really isn’t a great time.”

“Lex?  Who’s at the door?” Lisa calls.

My eyes widen in despair and Harry becomes confused.

“Uh, just the pizza delivery guy!” I yell hastily, the lie leaving my lips too easily.

“But I didn’t-” is all I hear before I close the door with both hands.  I spin to face Harry.

“Pizza delivery guy, eh?”

“It’s called improvising.”

“Why are you lying to your sister about me?” Harry asks worriedly, a hand ruffling through his hair.

I cross my arms, “I thought I was doing you a favour.”

“People are allowed to know I exist, Alexa.”

“Whatever,” I snap and then sigh, immediately regretting my harsh approach, “I just woke up.  What did you want?”

“Sorry to disturb your beauty sleep,” and at first I think he’s trying to be funny but his tone just comes across as sincere, “But I think I owe you an explanation.”

The guilt seeps into my veins once more, “Look, if this is about earlier-”

Harry shakes his head and glances down, “No.  I think there are some things you should know.”

His piercing green eyes bore into mine and I glance away before I can get too lost.  I peer both ways down the apartment corridor.

“So, you’re just going to tell me here in this very public hallway?”

He does that short little laugh of his and covers his mouth by habit, “Nooo.  I came to see if you were up for a walk,” he drawls.

“Oh.”

“But you look pretty knackered so I wouldn’t mind if you, y’know, said no.”

“Gee, thanks.”

His eyes widen, “No, I didn’t mean it like that, I just meant-”

I put my hand out, palm facing forward, and Harry stops abruptly.  He looks at me worriedly, hanging on my every word.

“Let me get my coat.”

He gives me a relieved smile as I head back into my apartment hurriedly, forcing my feet into a pair of boots and grabbing my coat off of the hook.  As I slip my last arm into my jacket, I look up to find my sister standing in the kitchen, her mouth slightly agape.

“Where are you going?”

I lick my lips, “Pizza guy said I get my order for free if I carry it myself.”

“Really?”

“Yeah!” I exclaim, enthusiasm heavily exaggerated, “Be back soon,” I say, gripping the doorknob.

“But aren’t you sore?  I can-”

“No, no, I’m alright, Lisa.  Remember, I’m the tough one,” I respond quickly before heading out the door.

Harry leans against the wall opposite to my door and raises his eyebrows at me as I return.  He stands to his full height, towering over me.

He tilts his head in thought, “We’re gonna have to buy pizza tonight, aren’t we?”

He starts walking towards the stairwell backwards, waiting for my response.

“Yeah, and maybe some vodka to go along with it.”