Chapter 20

Hanna POV

A bunch of team members shoot some hoops as CeCe stands by and watches with a lipstick smudge on her cheek. I walk up to her. "Haven't seen you much today." I cross my arms over my chest and she nods, "yeah, I know. Every time I get within about five feet of you-"

"Aria happens."

"Or Emily," she mumbles and I bite my lip, shrugging, "loose ends. Those are all tied up now."

All of a sudden a very drunk voice belonging to my best friend breaks up the game and mine and CeCe's conversation, "listen up, everybody... it's time to play truth or dare. Or maybe just dare, 'cause nobody really tells the truth anymore." 

She stares at me and quirks an eyebrow up, making my cheeks flush a deep red and I want to scream "at least I'm not screwing CeCe's aunt!" But I know that I can't because if I do, it'll ruin it for her and she's drunk. She didn't mean to tell us that she was dating her and I am sure she wants nobody to know.

She may be a sucky friend right now but I am not.

"Let's see... Theresa, I dare you... to go pinch Whitey's ass." I chuckle and Theresa smirks, "be right back." She walks away and Aria chuckles, then turns to me.

"Let's see... Hanna?"

I shift uneasily and gulp, "Aria, come on."

"I dare you... to show us how you really feel." She pauses and glances at CeCe, then back at me, "kiss CeCe."

I blush in embarrassment, but after a nod from Aria, challenging me, I eventually turns around and kisses her. Right on the lips.

I feel all sorts of things and I have to pull away before I lose control because whatever I felt in that kiss, I have never felt before. Certainly not with Emily, either.

Aria smirks at me and winks, then looks at Emily who looks down, hurt written across her face and I bite my lip nervously, then walk away. 

Emily POV

"Why are you being such a bitch tonight, Aria?" I say when I stare at her, a confused expression written across my face.

She stops moving and leans against my body, trailing her fingers down, "Well, I thought you liked that in a girl."

I stand up straight and push her off lightly, "you should put some ice on it. Go find Spencer." She stares at me with a shocked expression, as if she already forgot that she told me and Hanna about her secret.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Stop messing with other peoples' love lives just because you can't have yours out in the open. It's pathetic. Find a different thing to do besides play your childish games." I brush past her, leaving her alone on the driveway.

Alison POV

As I walk up to the mansion I see Hanna walk past the tree swing, and pace uncomfortably as CeCe walks up. "So that was..." 

She turns, facing her now, "yeah."

"What was that exactly? A game?" I raise my eyebrows and watch her carefully. What was a game? Or thought to be?

Hanna chuckles, "kind of. Not really. Want to play again?" They both laugh and the two smile, walk towards each other. I walk over slowly and regret it instantly when I see that they were about to kiss but being an idiot, I say, "sorry."

Hanna turns around and CeCe looks up, both of them embarrassed. I stand there carrying some boxes of cakes that Mary asked for.

"Uh, sorry. I just-um... Your mom called with an SOS, so I just thought I'd sneak in the back and not bother anyone." I laugh nervously and CeCe, being the best friend that she is comes to my side, "you need some help?"