Chapter 18

"Nah you don't, Mama" he smiled. Jethro grabbed a tendril of my hair in between his fingers and allowed it to curl around his tips. "Our kids are gonna have a ton of hair. You'll have your hands full."

I could only imagine the disaster that the state of my hair was in. With the cold rain and the towel dry, I know it was one hell of a mess.

"You're so fuckin hot, Ruby Jean."

My lips still tingled from the feel of his pink ones on mine. They moved across mine so expertly, I couldn't even stop him.

There must be something hypnotic in these blue eyes that would make me even consider not punching him in the face.

"One of these days, you're gonna give into me. You're gonna be my wife and I'll let you fight it for as long as you want but know that you will be mine."

"Go fuck yourself."

"Go to bed, Ruby Jean."

"I'm not sleeping in your bed."

"Don't argue with me, woman. I said go to bed."

I was too tired to keep up this tough girl exterior. My voice was getting rough and I had headache that was getting worse the longer I forced myself awake. I had a much too eventful evening it's now time for it to come to an end.

My eyes stayed on him while I stood to my feet.

"My room's down the hall on your left. If you're still cold there're blankets in the closet."

I turned to leave but his large hand grabbed hold of mine. I looked down at him to see his clear ceruleans staring up at me.

"Good night, Mama."

I rolled my eyes and pulled my hand outta what felt like sandpaper and for whatever unexplainable reason, I missed them.

I flipped the light switch and was relieved to find his bedroom completely and entirely devoid of comic junk. I'm a minor fan of superheroes too but c'mon now. I'm an adult.

His bed room was plainly monotonous in colour, variant shades of blue. Comforter, pillows, lamps. It had a very college dorm appeal that I found to be immediately relaxing. The bed was nicely made and everything was neatly in place.

I crawled into his bed and knew that I would give in to exhaustion soon. His sheets smelled freshly laundered and with it filling my nostrils, I was losing consciousness by the second.

But my mind wouldn't let me rest. I was being tormented by thoughts of him. Why does he have to prove me wrong by being so different from the rest of them. I was well off believing that every white person was a direct descendant of Satan himself but every moment I spent with Jethro, I'm proven otherwise.

He's been sweet. He's been kind. And he's been so attentive to me this whole night. The clothes and that amazing soup. It was incredible. Oh my God.

That kiss. I've never been kissed like that before. My body's never held a buzz after someone's touched their lips to mine. My vagina has never pulsated like that after a kiss. It was disgusting. I hated it. I wanted so badly to slap him but that was sure to be useless. His face is covered in thick blonde fur. My hand would hardly meet his skin.

Asshole.

After concluding for the night that I still hated this man, my mind finally settled enough for me to rest as peacefully as I am allowed.
--------------------------------------