Chapter 36

"Waky waky, Sister."

Ew. What's worse than hearing your little sisters high pitched voice in the early hours of Sunday morn? "What do you want?"

"You have to get up. We'll be leaving in a bit."

The alcohol had worn off long ago but I could still feel the weight of my intoxication as I drug myself from the bed. I dreaded having to venture out on the excursion this insanely large hotel put through last night but here goes nothing.

Still clad in my robe, I made my way from hall to hall, elevator to elevator, and down another hall.

After knocking on the door, Zane opened up in the same sweats along with an oversized muscle T I'm assuming belonged to his brother.

"Get out" was my only reply as I pushed passed him and entered my own room.

"Good morning to you too, Ms Ruby Jean."

The door shut behind him as he left, leaving me alone with him as he watched my every move. Like myself, it would appear that he didn't get much sleep. His eyes looked tired and he was sort of pale.

"You alright?" he asked while watching me shed out of the robe.

My answer was a nod of my head and that's all he was getting from me. Even while we showered together, neither of us said a word. It was the most uncomfortably intimate experiences I've ever endured. Butt naked, wet, and awkward.

This was very unlike him. Usually I can be no where near him without getting felt up and kissed on. I don't know what he and Zane spent the night discussing but whatever was said kept Grant reserved and standoffish. After having confessed his feelings for me, I would expect him to be sling shooting questions in my face and demanding answers on the spot but that's not what happened.

Silence suffocated the room while we dressed. I donned a white bodysuit with a high waist skirt from Haiti.

Grant threw on an Avenger's t, cargo pants, and Timberland boots. He slung a heather red hoodie over his shoulders and did nothing to his head. Instead he began packing both of our things while I did my hair in the bathroom.

His phone was on the counter when he got a text message from his Mom.

Mom: I hope ur on ur way back home. I miss my kids. Did u &a my daughter in law have fun?

My heart fell into my chest when I read that. It's so easy to forget that others are involvement in our relationship as well and I seldom ever consider their feelings.

I unlocked his phone to respond to his Mom text. Just a simply answer like "It was a lot of fun. We're on our way back now." It wouldn't be the first time Grant's had me answer his text messages or sometimes phone calls.

The first thing that catches my eye is the word "shrew" under a thread of messages from Z. The last few were regarding my whereabouts last night but it was the exchange of words before those that really put everything into a very new perspective for me.

Z: thanx 4 using ur 🍆 to get RJ here. Nun of this would've happened were it not for u. U really took one 4 the team.

Me: yeah. I won't do it again though. These were the most stressful weeks of my life. Glad it's over and done with. Now I can retire

Z: u deserve it. Go be happy with that special some1. But b ready whenever I need u to seduce another chick for me

Me: u got me on speed dial. Spread the words to ur friends. Seducing chicks is my speciality. If they need a girl to abide by their will, im the man they need to call