Silence is golden {Pottertailia} (short-ish)

"Hey." It was Cooper whom was sitting beside her this time around, he watched her calculatingly taking in everything. "Flitwick told me you were finally up, how are you feeling?" 

The girl was sitting up, her gaze fixated onto the crisp white sheets that shield her body from view. Her eyes seemed to be wider then usual, as if to say that she was rather alert of her surroundings and everything that was around her. Her hands was clasped together, her finger tapping the back of her hand furiously as if to say she was trying to keep in time with something. She looked distraught in some way, her skin much more pale and her eyes seemed to be more sunken as well.

Cooper couldn't help but go slightly quiet when seeing that she gave him no reaction. Him feeling a bit scared for what this could indicate. 

"Dreamz?" 

Her tapping continued, her eyes not tearing away from her bed sheets. 

Could she even hear him? Was she even aware of the things around her? 

He decided to continue to talk, his voice soft as if to coax her into saying some things, "so we got our rematch with Gryffindor coming up... Since well..  I kind of fell off my broom last time and a lot of things happened in between... We also have the Yule Ball coming up." 

He expected that to evoke some life into the girl, believing that she would go on a tangent on how it was stupid or how she would drag him to it and demand to dance with him. But instead she offered no answer and Cooper couldn't believe that he's even thinking this but he was starting to wish that she would make claims of loving him again. 

"Dreamz... What exactly happened?" 

He watched her making her predictable movements, noting down that she gave no reaction to his question as well. She seemed so detached, trapped inside her own head due to the lack of attention she was giving to her surroundings. The kiwi just sighed, sad that he wasn't gaining a worded answer from his friend. 

"Bunny?!" The doors to the Hospital Wing swung open revealing a panicked looking albino standing there with wide eyes. Cooper looked over at him watching as he went over to the girl at a quick pace before flinging himself at her- wrapping her in a tight hug as he let out a shuddering sigh. He was relieved more than anything. "Mein gott... You gave me a heart attack frau." 

Still the girl offered no words of reply, she didn't even make a movement to show that she knew of Gilbert's presence. She just kept staring and tapping her finger wildly, the lack of reaction making Cooper wince slightly as he thought what that might have meant for Gilbert. he was about to stand and go, thinking that the Slytherin would want some time alone with the girl but as soon as Cooper caught sight that her finger tapping was slowing in pace he hesitated. 

Gilbert slowly separated himself from her, and started to talk rather animatedly to her- filling her in on what had been going on whilst she was MIA. But his words started to falter as he realized she wasn't paying him any attention or offering any of her own response. Puzzled, he turned to Cooper believing that the Ravenclaw would have some answers on the situation. 

"Why is my frau not saying anything?" He demanded. "Did you do something?!" 

Cooper's eyes widen in alarm, putting his hands up in surrender, "what?! No! Wha- Why would I do anything?! She's my friend!" 

Gilbert pursed his lips seeming to be refusing to believe that, "then why is she not speaking? Pretty suspicious that you were here first you know. You must have done something." 

Cooper just stuttered completely taken aback by all of these accusations, "l- look Gilbert. I didn't do anything. I swear. I just talked to her and I didn't put on any spell or whatever you think I did! She was quiet as soon as I got here." 

Gilbert frowned about to make another accusation and as he was, Cooper looked past him slightly seeing that Dreamz had stopped tapping her finger. In turn to that she started to scream, both boys now giving her their full attention before they were forced back out into the hallway- the doors shutting in their faces. 

Annoyed and now worried again Gilbert offered Cooper a glare before turning away and walking off, needing to go and try and clear his head from anxious thoughts. Cooper however ignored the look, furrowing his brow as he tried to come up with his own explanations as to what was going on Dreamz's head, and what was making her freak out. He had heard from Jett that she woke up screaming, and with what happened just now... Cooper was believing that this might ended up being a rather frequent thing with her.