Invisible

The air got colder and the wind blew harder. Klay could barely move when he heard the words that just came out of Scarlett's mouth. His breathing got harder. His arms and legs felt weak as if they were noodles. He thought he'd collapse at any moment.

"What do you mean you were murdered? Why? How? I mean who would do this to you?" Klay uttered the words quickly.

"Klay you only have a matter of time, he's getting stronger. I'm afraid I can't help you much longer. He's trying to keep me from you." Scarlett said.

"Who!" Klay yelled out.

The wind blew more vigorously now. Klay held his hand in front of his face.

"He's here." Scarlett said then faded away.

Klay looked around for Scarlett but she was already gone. He began to walk home but he felt a small pain in his stomach. He collapsed on the ground to his knees. He looked around and everything was blurry. He felt his body being paralyzed again. He couldn't move a muscle.

"Klay!" His dad yelled from a distance.
Some other people saw him and ran towards him. That was the last thing he remember until everything turned black.

****

Next morning Klay woke up on his own. He looked at the time. 6:49am. He had to get ready for school. Klay showered, got dressed, then ate breakfast. When he was all done he went to his parents room. He knocked on the door but no one answered. He walked inside.

"Hey guys. I'm leaving now." Klay said. His parents remained sleep. Klay shrugged then left the room.

The bus was outside beeping the horn. The door was open and he got on. As he sat down the driver still kept beeping the horn. "No Klay today." The bus driver murmured.

When the bus stopped to pick up Ned. Klay sat near the window so Ned could sit next to him but when Ned came to back of the bus, he sat on another chair.

"Hey Ned." Klay said.

Ned didn't reply. He just continued looking out the window. Klay got up and sat in the chair next to Ned but before he could say something, pimple face and his crew started bothering Ned.

"Hey Nerd. Where's your friend?" One said. Ned ignored them.

"Hey, I'm right here?" Klay said waving.

The crew continued to make fun of Ned until the bus driver told them to knock it off or they'll walk to school.

Klay sat back down in his seat next to the window. He felt annoyed now. Why is everyone ignoring me. He thought. When he got off the bus and went into school, he followed Ned.

"Hey, are you ignoring me?" Klay said.

Ned kept walking. Klay walked up to the janitor. "Hi." Klay said.

The janitor continued sweeping the floors. Klay began running up to people he didn't even know.

"Hey?
Uh excuse me.
Hi can you see me.
Hello." He kept asking around.

"Klay." Scarlett said standing in the hallway.

Klay ran up to her. "I think I'm dead!" He said.

Scarlett shook her head. "You're not dead." She said.

Just then a boy with light brown hair, wearing a black leather jacket with some blue jeans and a pair of sunglasses walked inside the school. The boy smiled in Klay's direction then walked passed him.

"Did he just see me?" Klay asked.

"Yes." Scarlett said.

"Who is he?" Klay asked.

"Follow me." Scarlett said heading towards the door. As they both left the school, Klay ran in front of her.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"I need to show you something." She said.

***

"We've been walking for almost an hour." Klay said.

"Not my fault your school's so far away. We're almost there though. Just hang on." Scarlett said.

About 45 minutes passed and they were just a few feet away from the graveyard.

"I'm going to show you what happened." She said. "But we don't have much time."

"Okay...but who was that kid back there at school with the glasses?" Klay said looking at the house.

Scarlett didn't answer.

Klay and Scarlett walked up to a black fence with shiny pointy sharp ends that surrounded the graveyard and house. The sign was still on the door.

"Scarlett, what does the sign say?" Klay asked.

"It's Russian for 'always welcomed' I think." Scarlett said walking up the stairs of the old grey and black coloured orphanage.

"We're going in?" He asked.

"Yes. Take my hand." She said.

Klay took Scarlett's hand and they both walked through the door. The air smelled like ash even till' now. The sunlight shined through the broken windows and cracks of the orphanage. Glass and broken wood was all over the floor. There had been old desks and chairs but they had all been burnt by the fire.

Scarlett began walking down towards a room that was at the end of the hallway. Klay followed behind her. They entered a room with no door. The floor was unburned but the walls were.

"This is where it started." Scarlett said.

Klay looked a the floor which was made of wood. A small circle in the middle of the floor was a bright yellowish colour.

Scarlett put her hand on Klay's forehead. Klay's eyes grew wider and he felt paralyzed again. Then everything turned black.

He heard laughter. He started to see colours. Bright colours. His vision was clear now. It was the children of the orphanage back in the year 1928.