Chapter 3: Love is a painful place

Chapter 3: Love is a painfull place

Five months had gone by and I was starting to get used to the royal life. The love between me and Caylen kept on growing, yet things seemed to go dowhnhill with Kyllian. Ever since I started ignoring him, he had stopped eating. I knew that it was all my fault, but I didn’t know what to do about it.  Today it was yet another full moonsday, but Caylen would arrive at noon, due to other obligecens.

“Are you ready?”, asked my aunt.

I nodded nervously.

Carefully she pulled open the bag, which contained my weddingdress. My mouth fell open in astonischment. It was a beautiful blue dress, decorated with seagreen gemstones. It just looked so perfect.

“And?”, my aunt fished after a reaction, “What do you think?”

“It’s beautiful”, I manage to say with tearfilled eyes.

“It was your mothers”

In awe I took the dress out of the cover, soflty sliding my fingers across the fabric. This dress must be the dreamdress of every young girl.

“Well go on! Try it on”

I pulled my puppy eyes as she said that. It made me feel so happy. Carefully she helped me into the dress. I watch myself in the huge mirror, smiling broadly.

“You….you look so beautiful”

I took her into a tight hug. It was obvious that this made my aunt very emotional. She told me before that I looked like my father, while others said that I had my mothers face. Either way I looked like them and that made me feel proud. Proud to have a piece of them in me.

It was almost noon and I found myself, in green dress, waiting impatiently at the gate.

“He should have arrived an hour ago”, my heart cried,” Would anything have happened?”

I stopped walking around for a moment, my arms crossed over my chest and eyes fixated on the maingate.

“Aaaaaah!”, I yelled as someone grabbed me from the back and lifted me in the air. I felt lips pressing a wet kiss in my neck while he putted me back on the ground.

“Hey there, beautiful”, Caylen smiled.

I punch his shoulder in slight anger.

“Would never do that again?!”, I gasp for air, “My heart skipped several beats!”

He flashed his teeth, pulling me closer to him.

“Isn’t that because you’ve seen me?”

I blushed, causing him to smile even broader, making me blush even more. It seems to be a vicious circle.

“Nice colour”, he chuckles while caressing my cheeck.

“Must you always make me blush?” I turn myself around, no longer wishing to face hi.

“My dearest, it’s what I live for”, he jokes.

Painfully slow he slides his arms around my waist, pulling me tight to him. I can feel his heart racing againts my back. His hands resting on my stumach and his chin on my shoulder.

“Isn’t your father here?”

“No, he had more important things to handle”

“Nja”

“I’ve missed you” Nice change of subject.

“I’ve missed you too”, I whisper soflty. As if it were a secret.