Two: Early release and Beach days

It's second period and the teacher is blabbing about god knows what, because I sure don't.

"Alright class. We will be playing Australian Kick ball today." My gym teacher, who's name I can't hold in my brain for the life of me, says to us sternly

"Um? Mr. Wills? Nothing against Australian sports, but we're in New Jersey. Why are we playing kick ball the Australian way?" One of the other guys asks, almost as confused as me

"Because I wa- god damnit." He swears as the intercom and a strange bell I've yet to hear interrupts his speaking

"To all teachers and staff members, due to district related issues, school will be let out early today for spring break. Please, release your students from class, then report to the teachers office. Thank you and have a nice spring break."

I change into my regular cloths, pack up my gym cloths and grab my stuff to leave. I get out the school doors when someone runs up and jumps on me, almost knocking me to the ground

"MURPHY." Is all I here, in a familiar voice might I add.

"Uh, rainbow?" I laugh as I catch my balance to see the small rainbow haired girl standing in her black high waisted shorts and turquoise and black all time low crop top and converse, her hair in two loosely done messy French braids with dark eye makeup and her many rubber bracelets.

"That's me." She smiles cheekily. "A bunch of us are going down to the beach, wanna come?"

"Yeah sure. What time?" I ask smirking down at her

"Hmm, hour, hour and a half?" She says almost in a question

"Sounds good." I assure her and she smiles

"I'll just text you when we're on our way. Piece!" She scrunches up her face slightly as she holds a cheesy piece sign directly on her face then runs off back to Ashlyn.

I just laugh at her actions and continue my walk home. Once I get there I change into a pair of swimming trunks and a black tank top, throw in some flip flops, grab a pair of shades, some headphones and change my phone up.

Text
--------------

Rainbow
Be there in 5,
Being a towel.

Me
Alrighty

-------------------

I get all my things, as in my beach towel, shades, phone, and head phones, then they pull up and honk the horn.

"I'm comin!" I yell as I walk out the door and get in the back seat with rainbow and Justin. In the front is Macy, Ashlyn and Kaiden.

Once we get to the beach, the girls automatically go straight for the coffee stand. Shocker.

They get what they want to drink while us it's pick a spot on the sand. We lay two blankets down, considering the number of people we have, and set a cooler next to each blanket. We have a stack of towels next to one and bags next to the other, along with a radio and a few speakers.

The girls get back with they're pastel colored drinks and take a seat on the blankets next to whom ever they chose, not bothering to strike a conversation of any kind with anyone other than themselves, the topics including attractive males, they're drink flavors, tanning and they're swimming suits all within a matter of minutes.

"Who wants to swim?" Ashlyn asks as she stands up and removes her shorts to revel the rest of her Bikini.

"I'll go." I shrug after a moment of silence and take off my tank top

"Me too." Rainbow also says, taking off her shorts and back transparent skeleton shall reveling her Alice and wonderland bikini.

We head out to the water and it's warmer than I would expect it. We slowly walk out when Ashlyn starts to freak out.

"EW oh my god!" She screams but almost in a whisper

"What?!" Rainbow freezes dead in her tracks like a mirror

"It's jake." Ashlyn whispers dramatically. "And seaweed just wrapped around my leg."

"Where!?" Rainbow yells and starts to look around angerly

"Calm down its fine." Ashlyn reassures her

"No it's not." She replies back and continues to look

"Gotcha." She smirks and starts to make her way out further into the water

"Ashlyn stop her." Kaiden yells as he gets closer to Ashlyn, him just entering the water

"Rainbow stop!" She yells but some what quiet not wanting to draw attention to herself

The girl I know as rainbow ignores all the calls, holds her breath, and goes under water swimming right up behind this jake guy who seems to be much hated by them all. She quietly appears right behind him, but doesn't say a thing, just taps his shoulder. Startled, he jumps and turns around. He looks confused, probably as to why she's so close. She's waving her arms around, yelling but it's not autiable to us. He yells back at her, still unable to under sand him, and she slaps him.

"Why is she so mad?" I ask Kaiden as Ashlyn makes her way back to the beach

"He cheated oh ash." He shrugs

"Oooh" I understand the situation so much better

"Oh shit," Kaiden laughs as we look over to see rainbow jump on this Jake guy and full on attack him, the girl he's with trying to pull her off but only getting hurt in the attempt.

After while the haste stops and rainbow comes back, not as angry as I expected though, more content with herself. She walks straight past Kaiden and myself and right to the beach. We follow shortly behind her laughing at the recent commotion, and just let her do her thing.

Maybe this whole new school new friends thing won't be so bad after all.