Returning and Revealing

Shayne was shocked at what Sohinki did. He expected him to hit him or something, but no.

They stood there for a moment in silence as they hugged.

They kept hugging until hey heard "AWWW"

The two broke away from the hug and turned around to see Mari, standing in the doorway to her house.

"Come on guys, let's have a catch up."

The boys looked at each other and followed Mari into the house. Shayne sat on the chair again and Sohinki sat on the couch.

Mari came in a few seconds later with a cola for Sohinki and sat next to him.

The three talked for hours, about nothing really. They talked about the games crew's trip to Dubai and what happened whilst they were gone.

They talked about the news and upcoming events. They also talked about random things that popped into mind.

Shayne had to go Home at one point but Sohinki stayed at Mari's house for a bit.

Shayne got into his car and put his glass of coke next to the empty one from the previous day.

He went to get his new phone out (that he bought a few days previous) but couldn't find it.

He remembered that he left it on the arm of the chair in Mari's house so he went back in to get it. He knocked on the door and nobody answered so he let himself in.

He walked into the living room and saw something that he really didn't expect.

Mari and Sohinki were making out on Mari's couch.

They either didn't hear Shayne or just didn't care if he saw because they didn't acknowledge him.

He crept in, grabbed his phone and walked back out, closing the door behind him.

He wasn't going to tell anyone because he was a good friend, but that wasn't going to stop him from teasing them.

He drove Home and collapsed on his couch. He watched a few episodes of walking dead before falling asleep on the couch.

–---------—

He went into hospital the next day to see Anthony, Olivia, Mari and Sohinki sat around Courtney's bed.

"You excited for Sunday?"

"Is that when it's happening?"

"Yeah"

"Hm, I'm kinda excited but kinda bummed."

"Oh hey Shayne."

"Hi guys. Do you know where Keith and Noah are?"

"Um, yeah they went back to the HQ." Olivia said.

"Oh okay, see you guys later." Just before Shayne left, he stared at Aurora for a second. He turned around and walked out of the room. Hearing a few "Bye!"s.

He drove to the hq for the first time in weeks, to see the parking lot completely empty.

He walked in and inhaled. Dust filled his nostrils so he coughed and then sneezed.

The office was completely empty, it was as if nobody had been there in years, layers of dust lay flat on top of the cabinets.

An eerie silence filled the air until he heard a loud bang and some screaming.

A few seconds later, the doors at the end of the corridor burst open and a shopping cart with Keith in it rolled through.

Noah ran through after it and they were both laughing like idiotic children.

Shayne laughed too.

He joined in the fun and the three f*cked about in the building for hours.

Until about 3 am when it was time to leave.

He walked back outside into the parking lot to see the dimly lit building over the road that he was so used to seeing.

He locked the doors, something that he was so used to doing.

He drove home and fell asleep in bed, something that he was so used to doing.

---------

Shayne was happy that therapy pulled his life back together. It was his last session on a Saturday. And it would be the last time he saw Sarah. He'd became quite close to her over the past week or so, so he was quite emotional that their time together was ending.

He walked into the building that held a few hundred office blocks, he walked up three flights of stairs and into room 74.

"Hi Sarah."

"Oh hey Shayne!" Sarah got up and hugged Shayne, something she had not done before.

They sat down in their chairs and smiled.

"Sarah, something's happening tomorrow." Shayne said, his smile turning into a depressed gaze.

"What's happening tomorrow?"

"Courty's getting her memory wiped." Shayne said, wincing. "That means I won't be able to be with her."

"Why does that mean you won't be able to be with her?"

"When we were in the ambulance, she said that the only reason she knew she loved me was because of my concern, and the fact that I kissed her."

"Oh no." Sarah said. "I'm a skilled therapist, and I've done a good job, if I do say so myself. But, I can't help you with this one."

"Not as my therapist, as a friend, what do I do?"

"I'm speaking to you as a friend, not as my patient. Repeatedly try to impress her, then when you think you've got her under your wing, kiss her. Girls like it when boys are mysterious."

Shayne sat in silence, contemplating what his next move was going to be.

"Why are they wiping her memory?" Sarah said after a few minutes of Silence.

"She keeps waking up and screaming. She thinks the car is coming for her, so they're wiping it from that point onwards. We'll have to think of excuses as to why Keith has a broken leg, Noah has a broken arm and Ian's in prison."

"Times are hard." Sarah said

Shayne chuckled

"Yeah."

--------

It was a few hours after Shayne had completed his final therapy session.

He, Noah, Keith, Olivia, Anthony, Joe, Sunny, Matt and the whole games crew were sat in Olivia's house on her huge couches.

"So," Sunny said. "I was thinking maybe Ian being in prison could have something to do with the fact that dumb and dumber have broken bones?"

"Aw hell nah bitch I ain't being the dumb to his dumber!"

"I know you're the dumber to his dumb hahah!" Joe said as everyone laughed.

Keith sighed and slouched on the couch.

"But seriously guys, making Ian's law breaking tie in to the fact that these two have broken bones would make it so much easier to persuade her." Sunny said.

"Maybe we should tell the half truth, maybe Ian was driving Courtney, Noah and Keith somewhere and he crashed?" Anthony said.

"Yeah Courty'll believe that."

"What?" Matt, Wes and Lasercorn said in unison.

"What?" Shayne said.

"You said Courty instead of Courtney." Anthony said.

"Well, I must've stuttered or something." Shayne lied.

"That was no stutter." Olivia said.

Shayne was debating whether to tell the gang about his love for the girl.

"Fine..."