The building

Shayne drove Courtney out of town. Thy listened to the radio and sang their hearts out.

It was at this moment, Shayne realised.

He loved the girl with all of his heart. He knew he loved her before. But not this much, nowhere near this much.

He didn't understand how he hadn't saw it in the past two or so years that he'd known her, but he saw it now. So that's all that mattered.

After a few hours of singing, Shayne pulled to a stop outside of a big building on the corner of a street in the countryside.

Shayne left the car and opened Courtney's door for her.

She looked confused, but she smiled anyway as she escalated out of the vehicle.

"Come with me. I want to show you something." Shayne said as he walked into the building, gesturing for Courtney to follow him.

They went inside. It was completely empty. There was no furniture or carpet. No lights or windows. Nothing.

"Shayne I don't know if I like this." The girl said.

"You will. Don't worry."

Shayne held out his hand and Courtney took it, smiling.

He walked her up the fragile, stone stairs that felt like they were going to break with every slow step.

They passed about fifteen floors before they reached an ominous wooden door.

"Step back." Shayne said as he grabbed the door handle.

Courtney walked down about three steps as Shayne leaned backwards.

He lunged forwards and shoulder barged the door, it swung open and light poured in, blinding the pair.

"Voila." Shayne said, stepping out into the open, Courtney following closely behind.

Courtney ran across the wide open space to the edge. She grabbed the railing and looked out across LA.

"Oh my god! This is amazing!" Courtney said, her mouth wide open. "But why have you brought me here?"

"Well, with you just coming out of hospital and all, I thought this was the best thing for you."

Courtney smiled and hugged Shayne.

"Thank you."

------

Sorry it's crap. Since I had a writers block I haven't posted much. So I'm just writing whenever for a little while now.