HOURGLASS HAVEN RESULTS

▪▪☀▪▪

Nike: FINALLY!! I CAN BLESS THESE GREAT HEROES FOR THEIR VICTORY OVER TIME!

Emilee: Actually, it's not...

Nike: SILENCE!

Lillian: But they didn't....

Nike: I SAID SILENCE NINCOMPOOPS! Let me inhale the sweet scent of victory in the air around me!

Mya: I'm pretty sure that's my bagel.

Nike: *glares*

GREETINGS FELLOW DEMIGOD BROTHERS AND SISTERS!! THE TIME TO ANNOUNCE OUR HEROES HAS COME.

THE CONTEST WAS TO WRITE A SHORT STORY IN UNDER 2K WORDS.

THE WINNERS ARE:

LiviTheArtist
R2_D2Love
NekoShiiro

Congratulations to you three! You will be rewarded with the Goddess Nike's blessings and a pat on the back from Goddess Athena herself!

THE WINNERS WILL RECEIVE A FEEDBACK ON THEIR STORY IN THIS CHAPTER AND AN HONEST COMMENT ON A STORY OF THEIR CHOICE.

Imo: *whispers* This is your cue, Athena!

Athena: Huh? What? Oh.
*Beams tube light smile*

Victoria: *Facepalm* Oh my lords.

LiviTheArtist : Congratulations dear child, for your amazing success in over coming the dilemma of writing such a short story on an hourglass. *Glares at demigods*

You're story was rather short and depicted three different time periods and generations. More than magic, wizards or gods of any sort, you were able to convey a beautiful and well crafted cryptic message. Your presentation skills were absolutely stunning, and it was a pleasure reading your story. I'm sure you will be a great writer in future.

Athena: Am I done now?

Mya: no! Two more.

R2_D2Love: Congratulations. Do I have to do this every time? They all wrote stories with hour glasses and it obvious that this one has greatly succeeded.

You wrote a vastly compelling and fast moving piece. You didn't dwell on unnecessary details, but that didn't take away from your story at all. You introduced the elements of the serum to the main character's family being murdered at just the right time for it to have the most impact and that twist in the end with the death of the ice cream parlor owner was truly heart breaking. In one chapter you managed to do what people aim for whole novels. Very well done.

Athena: I think Dionysus is getting into trouble. I better leave and stop him --

Phoebe: Do you really not like us that much?

Athena: I'm sorry but you smell like you just ate someone's brains.

NekoShiiro : Congratulations, you get the point. You won. If you want someone to make a big deal about it go talk to Nike.

This entry was my personal favorite because it involved my dysfunctional family and highlighted how idiotic my father, Zeus is. Don't tell Nike this, but I enjoyed how you made her a main narrator and in her narrations you revealed layer upon upon layer of story. It was well written and it felt like the beginning of something greater. If you wrote more, I wouldn't object.

Lillian: She sounds biased toward that last one.

Athena: Of course I'm biased. I'm an Olympian.

Shhh now it is time we the heroes who have risen and fallen for our cause! We have three Honorable mentions who will each receive a critique on their Hourglass piece by one of our worthy demigod servants -- I mean heroes.

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE RUNNERS UP OF THIS CONTEST.

Achente
winterinheaven
-hiddenstars

Congratulations to these writers for their stories! Go ahead show your love to all these winners! Your critique will be done soon! Please do contact us on our pm to remind us!

Nike: How many entries were there?

Phoebe: six!

Nike: THIS OUTRAGEOUS! YOU AWARDED ALL OF THEM!! THERE IS ALWAYS ONLY ONE VICTOR! I SHALL UNLEASH MY.....

Victoria: Hey look! There's a hot guy who just won a fist fight!

Nike:. Ooh! Me likey.
*Scurries off*

Thank you to all the participants for participating in this contest. We'll see you soon next time.

▪▪☀▪▪