THE NEW AESCHYLUS| CONTEST 3

•• ❂ ••

WELCOME, DEMIGODS!

Theseus, Perseus, and other Greek heroes have something in common: in addition to being awesome, they had outside help. Theseus was gifted with Ariadne's string; Athena and Hermes visited Perseus, and gave him a shield, winged sandals, and a sickle that Kronos used to castrate Ouranos.

Later heroes learned from the mistakes of the heroes of the past, so there must have been something you thought was wrong with a particular Greek myth. If you were in their shoes, what would you have done? What did they do wrong that you think you would be able to do better?

Zeus: We never did anything wrong, so yeah. It's not gonna be an easy task.

Mya: *spits water that she was drinking*

Lillian: *chokes on a strawberry*

Vicy: *tries not to laugh*

Hera: *looks at demigods* *rolls her eyes* Look who's talking.

•• ❂ ••

PROMPT: WRITE, NOT MORE THAN THREE THOUSAND WORDS, A RETELLING OF ANY GREEK MYTH.

•• ❂ ••

In order for us to determine the heroes as soon as possible, here are some guidelines to follow:

• All genres are accepted, with the exception of Fanfiction (we need to see your own characterisation and world-building skills!)

You must tag us so we can see your entry (we don't want to miss any of your heroic demonstrations!)

• Entry must be made as a new story and not in any other short story or contest book.( How else can we award you with stickers?)

Your entry must be posted on Wattpad (y'all understand why)

All entries must be submitted before 27th of March (this year, of course) UPDATE ALERT!!!!  THE DATE HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED TO 12TH OF MAY!!!

The demi-olympians are pleased to announce that the winner of our Hourglass Haven contest, NekoShiiro, will be joining as a guest judge for this contest.

•• ❂ ••

Naturally, there will be prizes -

❂ First place: a graphic of your choice, a reading list add, an honest comment on a story of their choice, and a shoutout and a "Legendary Myth" sticker for your book!

❂ Second place: an honest comment on a story of their choice, and a shoutout!

❂ Third place: a shoutout from our profile and a review on their entry!

•• ❂ ••

Nike: May the best warrior win!

Hermes: Hey shoe lady, this is a writing contest, not a battle.

Nike: YOU DARE INSULT.....

Best of luck, and we will see you again soon.

✴✴✴✴✴