This story is purely a product of my imagination.

Please do not copy or use my story without my permission.

Say no to PLAGIARISM.

Thank you and enjoy reading!!

Comment or vote? :)
=============================================================================

New York City, USA
October 2013

My hands are white and clammy. I can feel my fingers and toes slowly dying from the cold since I've been standing outside the airport for the past two hours. My employer promised to pick me up today, she even double checked my flight details and jot it down on her planner. I wonder whats taking her so long? Im freezing and very hungry. I survived a long flight with no sleep, my panic attack is on full alert. It was my first time to ride a plane, and guess what? Its mighty scary, gravity is pulling me with so much force and I dont have anything to hold on to.

Calm down Mara, its gonna be alright became a chant that earned a curious look from the old woman beside me. Even the stewardess acted like as if I'm disabled that she volunteered to accompany me everytime I visit the lavatory.

The memory is still fresh I shivered from the thought. I don't wanna think about riding a plane again, but right now.. I already miss home. If only I can book an instant flight back to our country if my employer wont show up. But this is an opportunity, to live in America and land a job to help support my family back home.

I blinked twice when a sleek black Bentley parked just right in front of me. A chauffer came out bearing a placard with my name on it. My eyes almost popped out from its socket. Wow, this isn't what I'm expecting, my employer did not mention this to me during our convo over Skype.

I waved my hand like an idiot, my mouth in full smile like as if the old man is a friend I've never seen for so long.

Crap, he might think I'm going nuts.

The chauffer tipped his hat in approval and opened the back door for me. I pulled my heavy luggage, which is far heavier and bigger than my petite body. I was about to carry it inside the car when he finally offered his help. My eyes watered once I'm inside the car. My body instantly relaxed to the warmth and cozy feeling.

Wow, this is luxury.

I caressed the plush seat making me want to giggle alone. Well this is my first time to ride a very special car like this.

A lot of first times happened, well I'm looking forward for more.

I smiled with contained anticipation of what's next in store for me, I hugged myself tightly as the car pulled through the highway.

The drive is quiet, but I managed to overcome the dread of it. Come on! I'm in NYC, I need to enjoy my first day looking at skyscrapers and sceneries! I cant help but to feel wonder and awe, almost everything is made of glass and steel. People walking on the busy sidewalk, stores and stalls everywhere. My heart is hammering on my chest with excitement and palpable joy. I need to take pictures as postcards and send them back home! For sure, they will be happy to see this place. I continued ogling and murmuring 'wow' every now and then when the driver startled me with his cheerful tone.

"Welcome to New York City, Miss Perez! Please wear your seatbelt!" His voice is kind and humorous, it made me smile. He glimpsed at me on his rearview mirror and winked.

I hurriedly strap the belt on thinking we might be caught by a police though I could tell this Bentley is heavily tinted.  I cleared my throat and shifted on my seat like a proper lady. "Hi sir, well thank you.. New York is breathtaking!" I managed a small smile but deep inside I'm dying to scream with amusement.