»two

Namjoon refused to raise his head as he cleaned the other boy of blood. He could feel the boy staring at him but he continued with his work. 

He was still shaken up from having a strange boy banging on the van in the middle of the night but he definitely didn't expect the boy to be covered in blood, nearly from head to toe.

Reluctantly he had taken the boy in and the first thing he did was sit him down and clean him up. Well as best as he could anyway. He had no spare water to wash him and the only cloth he could find was a bit of one of his tops that had been nearly torn off when he was walking through the woods.

There was still blood smudged into his skin but he was managing to get majority of the fresh blood off. They would have to find a lake or some other type of water source to wash the rest off.

They. No, him, the boy. Namjoon wasn't going to go with him. In the morning, when it was safe, they would separate ways and the boy would go his own way and find a way to wash the rest off. Of course. How silly of Namjoon to think they would stick together.

He mentally slapped himself. It had been so long since he had any other type of human contact, he couldn't let himself become attached.

"Are you okay?"

Namjoon jolted out of his thoughts and looked up at the boy. It was the first time since he had entered the van that Namjoon had actually looked at his face and he had to make sure that he was still breathing. He didn't expect the other to be so good-looking, especially when he was covered in blood and his hair and clothes were messy from god knows what.

"Y-Yeah... Uh, I-um, I think this is the best I can do at the moment. When the sun rises you'll have to find somewhere to clean the blood off properly."

"I can't stay with you?"

Namjoon had to do a double take and looked back up at the boy. The other was staring back at him, a blank expression on his face but if you looked closely you could see the hurt and fear in the others eyes.

He scratched the back of his neck and averted his gaze away from the other. "It's best that we don't. Plus we don't even know each others names, how do we know if we can trust each other."

The other shifted in his spot, going from kneeling to sitting Indian style. "My name's Seok-"

"Stop." The boy flinched and stared back at Namjoon. "Don't. Don't give me your name. In the morning we are going to part way's and that's that. It's better to be alone in this type of situation. Having other people with you will just bring you pain and get in your way."

"But, wouldn't it be better to have other people with you to watch your back?"

"No. I know from experience. Now... Just go to sleep. I'll be leaving early and I think it'll be best if you do too."

Namjoon moved away from the boy and lied down on the thin blanket on the metal floor. It was uncomfortable but he tried to ignore it and go to sleep. He didn't hear the other move for a couple of minutes before light shuffling sounded from next to him. It continued for a couple of seconds before it settled down and Namjoon could tell that he had lied down beside him.

He kept his eyes closed and turned around so his back was towards the boy. This was a long night.

~~

He awoke to something constantly being pushed into his side. A groan left his lips and he tried to swat the object away.

"Ow! Why are you hitting me, I'm just trying to help you. You said you wanted to wake up early and but the sun is high in the sky, sweetheart, and you're not awake."

Namjoon sat up quickly at the voice and flinched in pain as his forehead came into contact with something hard. Another yelp was heard and he squinted his eyes open to see the boy he saved last night holding his own head in pain.

"Goddammit..." he muttered and gazed out of the van window. The other was right, the sun was high up in the sky and he could see a few creatures walking down the highway. "Oh shit!" 

He wanted to leave before any of them came out but obviously he had slept in past that time.

He pushed his way past the boy and packed his stuff back into his bag. There were only a few things in his possession and he was relieved to see that the other hadn't taken anything.

"So you're really going to leave me on my own."

Namjoon sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Look, I'm sorry for whatever has happened to you over these past few months but there is nothing that I can do or am going to do. You've been alone for this long so I'm sure you can for a while longer."

He moved to open the van door once he saw no creatures were loitering around the van but was stopped by the boy's outstretched hand. "W-Wait-"

His hand was slapped away and he was pushed away from a wide-eyed Namjoon. "W-What the fuck was that?" The other stuttered and looked around. He knew this was going to happen at some point. "What the fuck was that?"

The boy was pushed to the ground and yelped as the back of his head hit the metal surface. "Tell me now." He didn't answer so Namjoon leaned back to grab something from his bag.

Tears formed in his eyes as Namjoon pulled out a gun and held it to his temple.

"You've been fucking bitten. I can't believe I let you in here. How far along are you?!"

"W-W-Wait! S-Stop, let me explain!"

Namjoon cocked the gun and pressed it harder against his head.

"Tell me now or I swear to go-"

"I'm immune!"

~~
Happy New Year everyone! Here's a fast update as a New Year's gift. I also updated the rest of my books so be sure to check those out!

I hope 2017 is a better year than 2016 for everyone!