Arc 5

In this book Amane is a guy OK. I loVE GenDerBenDs.

— ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ — 

You shifted in your bed so that you were lying on your right side, a sigh escaping your lips.

I'm damn near about to rip this stupid brace off.

"(Y/n)-sama," You glanced over your shoulder when you heard a knock. "May I come in?"

The door creaked open even though you didn't reply. You closed your eyes, pretending to be asleep as you heard footsteps softly echo throughout the room.

"Could you lay on your back, (Y/n)-sama?"

You opened your eyes and blew some stray strands away, since he clearly knew you were still awake. You shifted, observing as the black haired butler set a tray of some pills and a glass of water on the nightstand. His hair was in a neat ponytail, except for some strands of hair falling on either sides of his face. Eyes a shade of green that were focused on elevating your foot with a pillow. However, upon meeting your gaze you could feel his touch tense on your ankle.

"What trouble have you gotten yourself into?" He cleared his throat as he put some ice on your ankle.

".. A lot."

"I'm sure you'll find a way out."

"Amane," You sat up, "Why do you like me?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know who I am.. Yet you act so nice."

"Because Master Silva ordered for me to be."

You continued to stare at him in attempt to get an actual answer as he held a few painkillers in his glove-covered hand.

"But it's easy to be nice to you, because you're a good person." A faint blush coated his cheeks as he gave you a smile. "I believe that."

You brought him down with you and pulled him into a hug. You closed your eyes, your grip tightening slightly. You didn't want to let go, but this was the last hug you would give the butler you trusted dearly. A laugh escaped your lips when you pulled back, the blush on his cheeks spreading to his entire face in the dim moonlight.

"Thank you."

The butler smiled, taking a seat on the edge of your bed before returning the embrace.

"It was my pleasure to serve you, (y/n)-sama."

— — —

A whip.
Your brother.
And the boy that had shown you the stars for the very first time.
"Chrollo!" You shrieked, stumbling to stand in front of the boy. "Please! He didn't do anything—"
He dug his nails into the tangles of your hair, throwing you a side as a whimper escaped your lips. He whipped the boy again, the sound of flesh burning under the merciless leather echoing throughout the room. Your legs buckled beneath you as covered your mouth to keep yourself from screaming. If Chrollo did that to make you shut up—then he succeeded.

"Wake up!"

What was that..?

You sat up and grabbed a pillow, covering your face with it in attempt to hide your quickened breathing. Your heart was beating painfully fast against your rib cage as you recalled the moment that played before your eyes.

Who is that boy..?

A cold hand attempted to pull the pillow away, but you held it tightly before swinging it at whoever disturbed your sleep. They fell with a loud thump at the foot of the bed.

"Ow! You idiot! That's it.."

You felt weight on your stomach, and that same cold hand slap you across the face. Your eyes snapped open, meeting deep, sky blue irises of a certain albino who was straddling you. With no hesitation you shoved him off and gave him a glare.

"Why'd you hit me?" You sighed, running a hand through your hair.

"Because you wouldn't wake up. But anyways," The assassin lifted his arms, resting his palms on the back of his head as he jumped off of the bed. "Hurry up and get ready. The others are waiting."

Your eyes lit up, and almost immediately you shot up and walked towards the bathroom. After showering and doing whatever to your (h/c) hair, you threw on some high waisted jeans, a comfortable top, and some shoes. You made your down the hall, slipping your backpack on.

"Sorry I took so long—"

The familiar sight of four boys messing around with each other made a small smile tug at your lips.
"Woah~ She's so cute!" The oldest one quickly plugged his nose with tissues.

"Shut up, Leorio. Do you not know what decency is?" Kurapika sighed, crossing his arms. After criticising the older boy, however, the blonde shot you a small smile.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" A certain green-haired boy grinned, giving you a wave.

Killua was already pushing the massive wooden doors open, once again escaping the estate. "You ready to go?"

Swiftly, you whirled around to examine the inside of the mansion once again. You hated this house, but you made so many memories and learned many things in this cruel place. A small pang tugged at your heart realizing that it would be the last time you would show your face at this beautiful estate. Nine years of your life was over, and it was time to move on.

In the corner of your eye you caught sight of the familiar, black-haired butler that had taken care of you since you arrived here. A tear slipped down your cheek when you saw the warm smile on his lips, remembering that you wouldn't be able to see him in a long time. You would miss the little things he would do for you, and of course—him. You quickly wiped the saltiness away, knowing that if you stayed any longer you would start sobbing. A shaky breath escaped your lips as you smiled back at the butler, turning back to the boys who were waiting outside.

"Yeah, let's get out of here."

— ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ — 

CHAPPY QUESTION:
What's your MBTI type? (For those who don't know, take the Myer Briggs Personality Test)

Please don't forget to comment and rate!

Love, Kyte