Epilogue

EPILOGUE

"FUCK!" I screamed, an anormous amount of pressured pain to my abdomen.

"Come on, Nas. You can do this," Sam encouraged me, my hand crunching down on hers.

I shook my head, thinking it impossible. "WHERE THE FUCK IS TAY?!" I roared, furious that he wasn't here.

"He's on his way, Nas. Just push," Dallas told me, my hand suffocating his circulation also.

I took a few desperate breaths to try and mask the pain. "DALLAS, DON'T YOU FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO! YOU FUCKING TRY GIVING BIRTH!" I took a few more short and exhausted breaths. "ARGH!" I screamed in pain.

"Push, Nas, push," Sam cooed, giving me a look of hope.

I shook my head. "NOT UNTIL TAY GETS HIS SCRAWNY ARSE HERE! THIS IS HIS FUCKING CHILD. WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?!"

"Nas, come on. The baby's coming: you can't hold it in all day," Dallas told me.

I eyed him viciously. "I WILL FUCKING HOLD THIS CHILD IN FOR TWENTY YEARS IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TAY TO MOVE HIS ARSE DOWN HERE!"

Dallas breathed a frustrated sigh. He looked on the verge of vomiting, but at the moment, I was unable to feel any sympathy. This labour was much more painful and extended than Tahlia's. Tahlia had been out of me in no less than an hour. This one, however...

"HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON FOR?!" I roared at the doctors.

The midwife checked the clock. I was too exhausted to make sense of the hands and numbers. "You're heading into your eighth hour of labour, Nas. Now, come on, you need to push," she told me.

Another jolt of pain; another blood-curdling scream escaped me in vapidness. "AHH!" I whimpered loudly, feeling even stronger pain. Pain that I knew was going to get worse and worse, speeding up for the eventual delivery.

And where on earth was Taylor? I had no freaking idea!

"GET TAY ON THE PHONE!" I screamed to Dallas. I closed my eyes, trying to block out the pain. Dallas then placed his mobile against my ear hurriedly. I could hear the dial tone, but it was nothing compared to my heavy breathing and screams.

"I'm almost there!" Taylor huffed into the phone, probably thinking it was Dallas who was calling him.

"GET YOUR ARSE UP HERE!" I screamed at him.

"I'm outside the hospital. I'm almost there sweetheart," he told me hurriedly.

"HURRY THE FUCK UP!" I roared at him. I heard Taylor hang up on his end of the call. "Dallas..." I said, shoving the phone away from my ear.

I took more breaths, trying to contain the impossible onslaught of pain. It was all to no prevail.

"ARGH!" I screamed.

"Nas, come on. You have to push now. You have to," Sam told me after she received the message from he doctor... who was 'conveniently' seated between my legs, mind you.

"NOT. UNTIL. TAY'S. HERE." I huffed through gritted teeth.

Sam, Dallas and all the doctors sighed. Why on earth wasn't he here already?

I screamed at another dose of pain pounding through my abdomen. I tried taking breaths, but I was too exhausted to even do that. Like the doctor had said, I'd been in labour for eight hours.

Suddenly, the door burst open. Taylor looked completely breathless, but it was nothing compared to my lack of air.

"I'm here, I'm here," he chanted as he rushed over to me.