Chapter 7

"Charlie, I'm trying to wash the dishes. Quit poking me with that damn fork."

"No."

"Fine. If you don't, you won't get any supper."

"You're no fun."

I roll my eyes at him.

"I saw that."

"I don't care."

He sticks his tongue out at me.

"Real mature, Charlie."

He does it agin so I flip him off.

"You know you want to."

"Excuse me?"

"You know you want all of this."

He points to himself. I make a gagging motion.

"Ew. Gross. Only in your dreams."

"No. Only in yours, baby."

"Sorry to break it to you, but you do not appear in my dreams."

"Who does?"

I can't tell him I dream of his brother. That's weird. "None of your business."

"Okay. I didn't want to know anyways. Maybe I'll just tell my brother you said you dream of him."

"I didn't say that."

"But you do dream of him. I know you do."

"Charlie-"

"That's okay. I have a girlfriend. Don't worry about hurting my feelings."

"Since when do you have a girlfriend?"

"Since a month ago."

"Then why do you flirt with me?"

"To make Braxton jealous. He likes you."

"He has a girlfriend."

"Him and Hailey are not together. He actually got a restraining order against her for sexual harassment. She's not a problem."

I know he's telling the truth, but I still have the dreams about Mike. I'm not ready for a relationship where he's going to tuck me. It's different with Charlie. With him, it's like he's my brother. At least that's how I feel. I know I don't have to worry about him hurting me. Not that Braxton would. I'm just not ready.

Speaking of the devil, here he comes now. When he walks inside the house, he looks pissed. Charlie heads to the living room.

"Braxton, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Why do you look mad?"

"This is how I always look."

"Okay."

I go back to washing the dishes. Braxton comes up beside me.

"Piper, can I show you something?"

"I'm busy right now."

"Okay. When you're ready put your bathing suit on."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

He goes in the direction Charlie went. Now he has me curious. Why the hell do I need my bathing suit? He better be happy I grabbed it before I left.

Once the dishes are washed, I go to my bedroom. I shut and lock the door. I dog through my bag until I find my suit. I strip and put it on. Then I put my clothes back on over it.