Chapter 11

Braxton is absolutely wonderful. He respects me and doesn't try to push me to do anything. He understands my last still haunts me at times. When I have nightmares of Mike, he rushes to be by my side. I love him more than I thought possible.

I tried to get him to stop paying me for taking care of Tori. He wouldn't have it. He said as long as I live here he'd pay me. Unless we get married, then he'll stop paying me. Not until then. Guess we'll just see.

"Hey, baby."

"Hi."

He comes and gives me a kiss. "How is it possible to fall more in love with somebody when you already love them more than life itself?"

I chuckle. "I don't know."

"Me either." He sits beside me on the couch. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Before I forget, Lane is coming today. He'll be here around lunch time. Should be soon."

"I thought he was supposed to be here a couple weeks ago. What happened?"

"He had to go on a business trip. It lasted longer than he expected."

"Okay. I'll make sure to make enough food then. Is Megean still coming?"

"Yes. She called this morning and said she was."

"Alright. I guess I should go get lunch started." I get up but Braxton pulls me back down.

"Not yet. I want to hold you a little longer."

"Fine, but not too long. I really do have to get lunch started."

"Yes ma'am." We both chuckle. "I love you, Piper."

"I love you too." I lean in for a kiss.

"Get a room. No one wants to see the two of you making out."

We pull away to see Charlie standing in the doorway. At first he's serious then he starts laughing. Braxton and I laugh too.

"I have to go start lunch. You two behave."

"Never. I do what I want."

"Shut up, Charlie. She might smack you."

"She wouldn't dare."

"But I would." When I walk by him, I smack him as hard as I can. He rubs his arm.

"Remind me not to make her mad."

"Tried to tell you, but you didn't listen. That's your own fault."

I chuckle as I make my way into the kitchen. Those two are worse than children at times. It amazes me how they get anything done.

I head to the fridge and pull out the ingredients for homemade pizza. It's easy to make and everyone likes pizza. Plus I don't feel like going all out just for lunch. Right before I finish making them, the guys come into the room.

"Hey, baby. Charlie and I are going outside to work with the horses. Will you send Lane out when he gets here?"

"Yeah. I love you."

"I love you too. Holler if you need anything."

"I will."

He gives me a kiss before they head outside. I go back to what I was doing.

"Hey, girlie."

"Hey, Megean. How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"