Chapter 23 (Lilla)

My phone plays Hotline Bling by Drake, and I pick up my phone.

"Lilla?" It's Mitchell.

"Yeah?"

"Chloe got a bunch of tickets to the UGA football game tomorrow. She and Jordan decided not to go. Do wanna take one of those tickets?"

"Sure!" I say.

"Okay, we'll pick you up on the way."

                                                                                    ***

"Where's Ryan, Evening, and Hazel?" I ask as I hop into the front seat of Mitchell's car. Today is game day.

"Over there." He points to a red Ferrari with a pig in the window.

"Lilla, did you bring face paint?" Asks Crystal from the back seat.

"Uh, I brought lipstick. Lean forward." I paint a red stripe on both of her cheeks. 

"No fair!" Says Michael.

"There are markers somewhere." Says Mitchell as Michael unbuckles his seat belt and flattens on the floor of the car.

"That isn't safe, is it?" I ask Mitchell.

"Nope. Michael, get back in your seat."

"Okay. Ooh, what's this?"

"A lemon." Says Peter. Mitchell parks on the side of the road, and so does Ryan. 

"Finally," Peter reaches toward the door.

"Stop! I have some rules!" Shouts Mitchell, and Peter jerks his hand away.

"Say what now?"

"You will stay with Lilla, Ryan, and me at all times. Do you understand? Listen to Lilla and me." Says Mitchell.

"Why can't we listen to Ryan?" Asks Crystal.

"He isn't very responsible. Do you understand?" They say yes, and we get out.

I see another car that looks familiar. Jack hops out of it. No!

"Quit mooning me with that stupid pig!" He yells at Ryan. I look at Mitchell questioningly.

"You don't want to know."

Well, that wasn't much of an answer. 

"I can do what I want!" Ryan squeezes something, and the pig moons Jack. I'm disturbed.

"Why? Just, why?" I ask Ryan.

"Because my mom said this my last day with it! She's taking it away tomorrow." He answers glumly, and he, Hazel, and Evening jump out of his car.

"RYAN! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT WEARING THAT SWEATER!?" Mitchell yells angrily, "It isn't even a Georgia Tech game!"

"Wait, why does he like Georgia Tech?" I ask, confused.

"Because he thought it would be fun to like a different team than Jack," Mitchell explains.

"I do what I want!" Ryan slams his car door and locks it.

"He isn't sitting anywhere near us, is he?" I ask Ryan, pointing to Jack.

"Nah, he's way up there at the top of the stadium." 

"Cheap seats." Says Peter.

"STOP!" Jack makes a face at him and stomps off. Good riddance.

"We're following that crowd." Says Mitchell, holding Michael and Crystal's hands.

"Whoa, dude, you're being pretty responsible. You didn't have coffee by any chance, did you?" Asks Ryan.

"No, I had tea, obviously." Answers Mitchell. The people around us have started booing Ryan.

"This is so embarrassing." Says Mitchell. 

                                                                                              ***

"Go Tech!" Screams Ryan.

"This isn't a Tech game! It's the Missouri Tigers versus Georgia Bulldogs!" Says Mitchell for the tenth time.

"This is so embarrassing," I say quietly.

"I'm hungry!" Whines Michael.

"You already bought a huge tub of popcorn!" I say.

"The others ate it all!"

"Come with me if you still have enough money."

"I want to come too!" Says Crystal, and they follow me out of the stands toward the snack bar.

When we come back, Ryan is still screaming, "Go Tech!" 

Suddenly, we're on the huge TV screen. But before we can really do anything, Ryan flaunts his Georgia Tech sweater screaming out his love for the team. It looks like the whole stadium is booing him! We start booing him too.

"What? Guys! I thought that we're friends and friends support each other!" Says Ryan.

"Not if they embarrass their friends on live TV. Booooo!" Says Mitchell.