Chapter 47 (Lilla)

I walk into Walrus Hut, and loud music pierces my eardrums.

"TURN OFF THE MUSIC!" I shout, and Ryan turns it off.

"I walk out for like fifteen minutes, and this is what happens?"

Ryan looks very ashamed.

"We, um, wanted to try different music. There is usually pop music on, and as much as I love that, we all decided to try rock instead." He explains.

"Without consulting me?" I shake my head in disgust and apologize to the one unlucky customer who happened to come in at the wrong time.

I walk over to the store area pick clothes off the floor. Who's job was this? Oh, right, it's mine. 

Suddenly, Amber and her band burst into Walrus Hut, followed by Josh, holding a video camera, as usual. I grab the nearest security guard, which happens to be John.

"What are they doing?" 

"A music video," John replies.

How could Amber do such a thing? Where is Bridget? I find Jordan.

"Sorry, I am unable to come to your house today." He says to Barker.

"I don't even want you to come to my house!" Barker tells him.

I pull Jordan away by his shirt collar.

"Where's your sister?" 

"Over there," he points to Hazel, who is actually doing her job. Someone is getting a raise.

"Not her, you doof! Bridget! Where's Bridget?" 

"My mom says that I'm not allowed to call people a doof." He says.

"Just answer the question!" I beg.

"No! Because you hurt my feelings! I'm not going to tell you until I get an apology."

Man, this is a sensitive kid.

"You know what? Fine! I'm sorry. Now, will you tell me?" 

"That wasn't sincere," this kid is getting on my last nerve. I walk away into the kitchen.

"Mitchell, where is Bridget?"

"She's, uh, well she," Mitchell doesn't look at me.

"Spit it out!"

"She went to Pizza Mart, and I let her go because she paid me five bucks." He says really fast.

"You are just as bad as the guards," I tell him, "Zach! You're in charge while I'm gone." 

"How come he gets to be in charge?" Complains Journey.

"Because he's the only one who hasn't done anything stupid," I say.

"What did I do?" Asks Journey.

"You started a dodgeball fight in the school auditorium last week!" 

"It was Chet's fault!" She protests.

"That's it! I'm leaving! When I come back, you guys better have straightened out your behavior!" I say and leave the store dramatically.

                                                                                         ***

After we close, I'm cleaning up a table when Bridget and Emily walk over to me.

"We think that we need to replace the posters." Says Emily.