Four

KARA

I dreamed someone murdered One Direction.

I crack open my eyes and see, well, nothing really. It was dark and I couldn't see anything much. I saw a light under the door and got out of bed. Damn, that bed is comfy. What did they make it of? Fairy floss?

I tentatively cross the room, open the door and step out. I recognise this as Nathan's, I mean our house and make my way to the lounge room. I see them all talking and laughing. Sang is sitting on Silas' lap and Kota looked over at me.

Why is Sang sitting on Silas' lap if she's with Nathan? I bite the inside of my cheek feeling protective of my brother. That fucking skank is cheating on him.

"Did you have a nice sleep Kara?" He asked lamely and I smile. Play nice Kara. If you play nice no one will suspect your intentions when you destroy them.

We talk and hang out but eventually the other guys go home and it's just Nathan, Sang and I.

My heart aches for Nathan, he's in love with a lying slut. I decide to go to bed early and hug Nathan goodnight. Then for good measure I hug Sang. She giggles and holds onto me.

I go into my room and put on new underwear and a long shirt. I snuggle into bed and I glare at the door. I have to protect Nathan.

•••

Sunlight makes me open my eyes. Goddamn that's bright. I turn over so I'm laying on my stomach. Ah, much better. The pillow smells like my shampoo, sweet melon. I bury myself deeper into the bed. I love this bed. It's so warm, comfy and soft. Just how I like it.

Suddenly my door is opened loudly. "Come on Kara. Rise and shine! It's 9:30! The day is wasting away." Nathan exclaims. ONLY 9:30?! I should be sleeping.

"Too early." I mumble into the delicious pillow. I hear him sigh loudly and strip the blanket from me.

"Come Kar don't make me do it." He says and I groan. He takes hold of my ankles and I grab the columns on the bed head. he pulls and my body moves  towards him but I have a death grip on the columns. He lets go of me and I stretch out my legs. I try to cover up my ass for a bit of decency.

"Kara, get your lazy ass out of bed right now!"

I sigh and roll out of bed and straight onto the floor. "There I'm out of bed."

Well, it's true. I'm technically out of bed.

He picks me up and carries me to the lounge room. He sets me on the lounge and brings in a plate full of mini pancakes and two skewers. He sits down and puts the plate on the coffee table. There is already maple syrup and honey and jam.

"Eat up." He says . I pick up a skewer and stabbed a mini pancake. I pop it in my mouth and it was the best pancake I have ever tasted. So fluffy like a unicorn cloud. Is a unicorn cloud even real? Probably not but a girl can dream.

I take the cranberry jam and smother a pancake with it. We talk about trivial things and he is really nice.

"I've wanted a sister since I was nine." Nathan suddenly said and I gave him my full attention. "I don't want to mess this up, I won't be the perfect brother. But I promise I will do everything I can to make you smile, laugh and be safe. I'll kick anyone's ass if they are being an asshole to you. I'll protect you." My eyes were glassy with tears and I blinked them back. I hugged him.