Theme: Broken Magic

(Un-edited so please say if there's a mistake)

--------
It only seems like yesterday it happened....and yet it had been years. One minute happiness had surrounded my love and I and then the next...despair. I still feel guilty of not protecting her.... My snowcone.

It all started when Miyuki and Yayoi decided to go out to the beach with the rest of our friendship group. So being the bright and happy 14 year olds we are, we all skipped down to the beach. "It's going to be so much fun today!! I'm feeling Ultra Happy!" I remember Miyuki saying.

"Thanks for inviting us down, girls." Reika had said. "Remember to put on some sunscreen though!"

Yayoi had smiled. "Jeez, Reika, you are so strict sometimes!!" She jokingly laughed, just like a character would from her manga.

"I agree with Reika. If you get sunburnt, you'll get really sore and itchy and you'll regret not putting on sunscreen!" Nao said..the one I had my heart set upon. I had fallen in love with this girl...my best friend. "Right, Akane?"

"Yup!" I nodded my head in agreement. I remember Nao smiling at me.

"Precure..." We all heard an unfamiliar voice say. We all looked around and saw a creepy looking dude.

"Um...hello!" Miyuki said.

"Don't hello me for I am PhanPhan, the Precure hunter." The dude said.

Yayoi looked dumbfounded. "Precure hunter?"

Reika stepped forward. "I'm sorry sir, but we aren't Precure.." She laughed nervously.

PhanPhan grinned. "I can smell the strong friendship only the Precure have." He jumped over our heads. "You aren't lying..I know.." He suddenly laughed really loudly. We were all scared. "And with all the other Japanese Precure all hunted down and taken into despair, I only have one more team left...the Smile Precure."

"You didn't get all the other Precure!! You couldn't!" Miyuki yelled.

PhanPhan laughed once more. I felt a tight squeeze on my hand and I knew Nao was scared.

"Girls! Let's go!" Yayoi said, holding out her Smile Pact.

We all transformed.

By the time we all had thrown our attacks at him, he was still undefeated. "Give me power." He said. Suddenly, our magic drained out of our bodies and with a flash he had taken the now de-transformed Happy, Beauty and Peace and had thrown them in a portal of some sort. It was Nao and me left.

"Well well well..." PhanPhan said, closing the portal. "It's just me and the love birds left."

"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OUR FRIENDS!?" I yelled, grabbing March's hand. I felt weaker than I did before.

"I just sent them to a deep despair and to where all the other Precure are. And don't you think about going to that world because you won't make it out." He stepped forward and snapped his fingers. Suddenly we where in a lab of some sort. Nao still tightly held my hand.

"Where are we?" She nervously asked. I heard the fear in her beautiful voice.

"My lab." He answered. "And I suppose you are wondering why I kept you girls."

"Yeah! Why?" I said, ready for a fight.

"Because I sexual love is my weakness." PhanPhan grinned. "I never expected two Precure to fall in love but it happened. So before I went out to get the Fresh Precure, I made a little contraption."

"What 'contraption'??" I asked.

PhanPhan just lifted both us up but we still held hands. He threw us against the wall and then I saw black.

---

I woke up, feeling cold and hungry. I couldn't breath well and my eyes were heavy. I came to realisation that I was strapped against a cold, metal surface.

"Huh...?" I couldn't feel Nao's warm hand against mine anymore. I looked to my side and saw my lover strapped against a metal wall, like me. She was a meter away from me. She seemed to be conscious. "Nao!!!!" I tried to break free of the metal straps but I couldn't.

"Hey...Akane." I heard Nao's soft voice say. I stopped struggling.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking to my girlfriend's green eyes.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too.." I smiled. She always made me happy, no matter where or when.

She took a deep breath in. "PhanPhan said when you woke up, he'll let us go." She smiled.

"Really!?" I was surprised.

"Yeah! I can't believe it!" She then looked determined. "Even with our broken magic, we have to save the other Precure." I nodded in agreement.

"You're awakened, Cure Sunny." I heard PhanPhan say.

"Yeah!" I said. "When are you going to free us?"

PhanPhan snapped his fingers and Nao and I were standing on a dark and cold plain. Not a plant or a single peek of blue sky in sight. "Where are we?" Nao asked.

We heard PhanPhan's voice say 5 words. "This is your new home."