Love Song

(Inspired by Love Live!)
"Come on in!" Hino Akane welcomed her friends inside her home.
"Thanks Akane-chan!" Miyuki smiled, the setting sun shining in her eyes. She and Nao had seated themselves down at the kitchen table.
"Tea?" Akane asked.
Nao smiled. "If it's not too much trouble."
Miyuki's suddenly turned serious. "Now why I'm here....the song...for our group homework."
"I told you it's nothing!" Akane said, a little angry.
Nao sighed. "Akane..."

"Why did you want to write a love song?" Miyuki asked, have expecting an answer straight away.
"It was a silly idea!" Akane laughed weakly. "Besides, your idea is a lot better, Miyuki."
"It's not silly!" Miyuki said sternly. "Tell me!"
"There's no use hiding it, Akane.." Nao said in a low voice.
Akane stopped stirring her tea and felt her eyes water. Miyuki was confused. "Hiding what...?"
Nao turned to Miyuki and looked her in the eye. "The reason she wanted to write a love song....she loves all of us, Miyuki!"
"See? It's nothing!" Akane forced a laugh.
"Tell me more.." Miyuki was now curious.

Akane placed her spoon down and stared at the tea. "When I was little..I had always longed for someone to love me, so when I moved to here I half hoped to find someone. My first day of middle school finally came around. I was sitting alone because I knew no one. I did my self-introduction and it didn't go well. Everyone else had done good but not me. Then a girl stood up and said 'Hello everyone! My name is Midorikawa Nao. I hope to make friends with you.' I had never seen someone so honest to her feelings, and someone who was so cool but had so little friends because of it. She was always being honest and was labeled weird. So one day, I yelled out to her 'Midorikawa-San!'. She turned around and met my gaze." Akane sighed and placed the tray where Nao and Miyuki were sitting. "That's how Nao and I met."