Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

It's the day of Harry Clearwater's funeral and I stand in the bathroom doing my makeup. A number things have occurred since Seth and Leah were introduced to the pack a few days ago. When Embry and I returned home that night, I told my parents about how Seth and I imprinted on one another. They were completely fine with the whole ordeal and even invited him over for dinner one night, much to my surprise. The night went well, with my parent's approving of him and even Embry admitted he has become fond of Seth. Seth then introduced me to his mother Sue the next day, she was still grieving over Harry but was very caring and welcoming toward me. Seth assured me that she loved me already. Leah, however, was overly polite to me but has been warming up due to Seth and I constantly being over at his house, getting to know one another better and studying like Sam has instructed us to do. Quil has also shifted which was a huge relief to Jake, Embry and I. He has been very forgiving over our abandonment of him, and understands completely why we had to block him out at school. He even jokes about it. Victoria seems to have disappeared, much to everyone's confusion. Whilst Bella was away we let the leech think she was slipping through- we were tightening the circle ready to ambush her when she took off suddenly, like a bat out of hell. Sam thinks it's because she caught hold of Alice's scent and bailed. She hasn't come back to our lands since. Shortly after than Bella returned with the Cullens in tow, much to Jake's dismay. He says she has been trying to contact him but he ignores her, still furious about her choosing Edward over him.

I look at my reflection in the full sized mirror. I had spent the morning curling my hair and doing my makeup. Mom had picked out a black dress for me to wear with lace sleeves, and a skirt that flared out around my waist, stopping a few centimetres above my knees. I wonder if Seth will like it. My heart swells as I think of him. His pure kind and happy personality never seems to fade, even with all that's going on. I'm so fortunate to have someone as wonderful as him as my imprint, my soulmate. I can't help but feel as though I don't deserve him.

I'm meeting Seth at the funeral where his family are probably on their way to know. It starts in half an hour. Deciding I'm ready to go, I walk out into the hallway, banging on Embry's door as I go.

"We're leaving." I announce.

"I'm coming." He says from inside. I don't bother waiting for him and head downstairs where my parents are standing sadly. They are both wearing black and my mother holds a display of flowers and a card that we will gift to Sue.

"Embry will be down in a minute." I say, sliding on a pair of plan black flats from the shoe rack.

"Embry is here now." Embry jokingly says from behind me. How I managed to not hear him come down is beyond me. He must've tip-toed. I roll my eyes and the four of us walk out to the car. Embry and I climb into the back. My family is mostly silent throughout the ride to the cemetery, and when we pull into the carpark I can see many teary faces. The joking mood from before instantly turns sombre. As we walk through the crowd of people, I keep my eyes out for one person.

"Farren!" A familiar voice calls, I look side to side trying to see where the voice is coming from but all I can see is a black clothed crowd either side. "Farren here!" I recognise the voice immediately, it's Seth. I see him push past people, his boyish face sticking out from all the adults. He rushes toward me, pulling me firmly into his lean chest. I wrap my arms around his waist, face smothered by his black dress shirt. He smells good. I face upward and he plants a kiss on my cheek, dangerously close to my lips. I feel my heart race and heat flood to my face. We haven't kissed properly yet.

"You look beautiful." He breathes.

"As always." I tease, "how are you doing?" I say quietly.

"I've been better and yes, you are always beautiful, the most beautiful girl I know." He smiles. I feel heat come to my face at his compliment and I duck my face into his chest.