f o u r

Avery had had a relaxed day in an attempt to recover from her episode the previous day

Avery had had a relaxed day in an attempt to recover from her episode the previous day. Stefan had been concerned enough to inform Zach on what had happened, much to Avery's dismay. She hadn't had these types of episodes in a long time, so she was scared enough without getting her father involved. She believes that he worries about her too much but she knows he only wants the best for her. The best education, the best health and the best life they can have despite their situation with their family.

Avery's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her father's voice.

"What is Damon doing here? Why did he come home?" He sounded agitated.

Avery stood up and made her way towards his voice. She found Stefan and her father talking heatedly.

"'Cause I came home. He wants to make my life miserable. That's how he enjoys his."

Zach looked up at his daughter's arrival and sighed.

"Well, he's putting us all at risk. This girl in the hospital could talk." Zach said.

"Vicki Donovan." Avery noted.

"She won't. I took care of her." Stefan explained. Avery frowned slightly at his statement. She didn't particularly like Vicki Donovan, but what had happened to her was awful.

"You're sure?"

"No, I'm not sure, Zach. I don't know how well it worked. I'm not as strong as Damon." Avery bristled at the sound of his name.

Damon was giving Avery extremely bad feelings, more than usual. She hated the fact that he had so much control over her. She wished she could be brave like her father, at least on the outside. He was clearly enjoying his stay in the small town, causing chaos and making Stefan's life even more difficult. Avery could only hope he'd get bored of the small town life and disappear for another decade or so.

"So what happens if it doesn't work?" Avery asked quietly.

"I don't know. I'll deal with it." Stefan reassured them. Not that it calmed either of the human Salvatores in the slightest.

"Is she worth it, Uncle Stefan, this girl you came back for?" Zach asked.

Avery watched for a reaction but Stefan said nothing.

***