Vanilla or blueberry?

"Your ex?" Zak asked surprised.

"Yea, I'm not a complete prude. I do have ex partners." I replied.

"I could sense a little resilience to this wedding. Is he the reason why?"

"We didn't exactly part on good terms." I answered rolling my eyes over to him.

"Ah. I guess you didn't have the nervous meeting the parents stage?"

I laughed "You're kidding right? I didn't realise he was Jim's son until Jim opened the flippin' door."

"No way!"

"Serious, Justin's face was a picture when I practically leaped onto his father. It certainly sparked some questions as to how we knew each other especially seeing as I hadn't told Justin about my past."

"Oh."

"Yeah... But times change and people move on right?" I asked Zak who seemed to struggle on that answer himself.

"Oh... This is why you do the love and leave them." I realised making him shift uncomfortably.

"It's easier. Less hassle and heartbreak."

"You know, you asked me if I ever got lonely. Do you and that's why you go from woman to woman?" I asked interested.

"Do you remain friends with them? Speak to them from time to time? Or cut them off all together?" I rattled off questions.

Zak leant forward and smirked "You want to know an awful lot... Fancy the lifestyle?"

I shook my head "N-no."

Cause that sounded convincing..

"Really?"

"I find it heartless." I answered a little more confidently. He sat back in his seat with his head cocked to the side.

"I do what I do... Bachelor life because I can't do commitment." He answered tightening his hands in the wheel.

"And why is that?" I questioned. "Never had a good role model?"

"My parents split up when I was young. I never really had a role model in my life." He answered quietly.

My little attitude dropped instantly as I felt sympathy for him...

"Oh Zak. I'm so s-"

"I don't want your pity." He bit making me look down at my hands. "Commitment only causes arguments, false hope and insecurity... My way? Everyone knows where they stand."

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"I've told you to stop apologising." He answered.

Figuring I had pissed him off a little too much, I decided to keep quiet in my seat incase he threw me out the car.

"Tell me about this Justin..." He said.

"What do you want to know?"

"Well what does he do? What kinda man is he?"

What kind of man is he... I shook my head "Painted himself as the perfect man. Work all week, dinner every night and mows the lawn at weekend kinda guy. Poster boy for husbands..."

"Let me guess. He wasn't."

"No.. He really wasn't. He is a mechanic or at least he was a mechanic. I know mechanics often act like they don't have a care in the world but he just seemed different. Caring, polite and always smiling. With my past, family is important to me, I know what not having a family does to a person. I guess when I look at someone I look at how they are with their family. Because I'm just looking to belong somewhere."