chapter 7 Lockhart

I was sitting in my first class, Defense against the dark arts. If only looks could kill, Lockhart would've been gone long ago from the glar I'm giving him. I normally liked defence against the dark arts, but because of lockhart I had been dreading it. The man was a complete idiot, how everyone looks up to him the way they do I don't know.

I don't care how many books he's sold, he's a self absorbed idiot, he wouldn't know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground. I think he's nothing more then a fraud.

He spent the entire class talking about himself. By the time the 'lesson' was over I was rushing to get out of there.

"Anna I don't understand you not liking Lockhart so much. Aren't you the one always looking for the good in people?" Fred asked as we walked down the hall.

"Normally yes, and don't think I haven't tried, but there's nothing good about that man. He's lost anything good he had on his quest for fame. Now he's just a conceited weak little fool." I said

"Wow." Fred and George both said

"Let's just drop the topic." I said with a bit of a laugh.

"Alright come on let's go well miss lunch." George said running to the great Hall.

Fred and I looked at each other then bolted after George.

"Oh man I'm doomed" Ron said holding up his wand which he had tried to mend with tape.

We had just sat down at the table and where getting our food. I looked over at Ron and said with a laugh,

"Ron you're not gonna be able to fix a wand with tape."

"I've gotta try." Ron said

I rolled my eyes, I felt sorry for him, but it was there fault for being so careless and taking the flying car.

"Hey Ron isn't that your owl?" Dean said.

The poor dear came flying down and landed right in to the chips.

Ron grabbed his mail while I help to pick him up. I held him for a moment and talked to him.

'You okay?'

'Just wonderful' he said

I laughed and let him go

'Be a bit more careful' I said

'I'll try'

With that he flew away.

I have to say out of all my special talents, being able to talk to animals is my favorite, next to being an element witch.

I hadn't noticed that Ron got a howler until I heard Molly's yelling fill the great Hall. To say she was mad was an understatement, she was furious. Now I really felt sorry for Ron.

Finally the howler finished it's message, Ron looked mortified. I got up and gave him a reassuring pat on the back.

"Thanks." He said.

While I was stading behind Ron McGonagall walked over to me.

"Excuse me miss Potter, but Dumbledore wants to see you in his office." She said.

"Okay." I said

McGonagall took me to his office. Once I walked in I saw Dumbledore sitting at his desk.

"Hello sir." I said walking towards him.

"Hello Anna, now I thought that we should discuss your schedule for this year. Now your teachers will be here next week. I have decided that it would be best if you saw at least one of them a day, but I'm afraid that to do that you'll just have to alternate with defense against the dark arts, I feel you should just take it twice a week." Dumbledore said with a smile.

I swear he knew me like a book. He was always looking out for me.

"Oh sir that would be wonderful! I mean...umm...too bad but it must be done." I said with a smile.

Dumbledore laughed and handed me my schedule.

"Thank you sir."

"Of course Anna. Now you better go and take this over to proffesor Lockhart, it's a note showing that you're exempt from his class for the three days a week."

"Sir he doesn't know about my abilities does he?"

"No, I don't feel it's anything he should concern himself with. I'm sure if he did he would begin saying that he knows all about elemental magic and could help you with your studies. I'm sure you wouldn't be fond of such an offer." He said looking at me from above his half moon spectacles.

"I should think so." I said then left to deliver the note.

Once I reached the class room, it was a mad house second years screaming and running around trying to escape the wrath of Cornish Pixies. I heard Lockhart tell the students to take care of them, even though they had no clue what they could do. Lockhart ran to his office and hid while the second years where in a panic. I rolled my eyes due to Lockharts utter stupidity.

I pulled out my wand and pointed it up toward the ceiling and said
"immobulus!" Instantly the Pixies froze.

Once Lockhart realised that the Pixies where froze he came out of his office.

"Well uh good job, I would've used a spell I learned while in the Pixies land  while exploring that would've really put them in there place, but I knew you could handle it." He said

"Handle it? they had no earthy idea what to do Lockhart! and nor did you. Next time teach your students the lesson before you make them face the creatures. It would also be a good idea for you to make sure you know what your doing as well!" I said, a bit loudly.

Lockhart stood there with his mouth a gasp. He looked dumbfounded as to what to say. Before he could speak however I spoke once more.

"Here, a note from Dumbledore. Good day professor." With that I walked away.

As I walk by the trio they all had there mouths hung open in shock I closed Harry's mouth.

"You'll catch flies." I said with a smile.

I walked on, thank the heavens I only had to be in there twice a week.